Han Suyin started to think of how she could avenge her family. While she was formulating a plan, an arrow came out of nowhere, aiming for her head. Han Suyin looked at the frightening speed of the arrow as it was getting closer. She calmly tilted her head slightly to one side and the arrow was lodged into the tree behind her.

"Are you really going to kill me before you know why I'm here?" Han Suyin asked, looking at the top of a tree for no particular reason.

A person jumped down from the tree that Han Suyin was looking at, drawing out their dagger. Han Suyin let go of Ben's reins and left him to do whatever he wished to. Ben seemed protective of his owner because he came closer to Han Suyin once she let go. Han Suyin lightly scratched Ben's neck, which made him become less alert.

Han Suyin didn't want Ben to get hurt so she took out a few treats that she had for him and placed it near a tree. Her horse followed the scent of the treat since he was quite hungry. He trailed off to the tree and started eating.

"Thanks for waiting for me." Han Suyin said when she saw that the person hadn't moved from their spot. She flung out her knife and cracked the joints on her neck, "Come on, let's get this over with."

The person launched at Han Suyin, dagger first. When Han Suyin saw the person's face which was somewhat covered by a mask that hid the bottom half, she saw the features of an adolescent teen. The person had watery eyes, thin eyebrows, and there was no evidence of training shown on their face. Usually, when people trained outside, they would have more of a wheat coloured skin-tone which this person didn't have.

But their eyes showed determination and passion, so Han Suyin made an educated guess that this was a girl in her early teens who wanted to prove herself to the rest of the people inside the base by capturing a 'spy'. Not wanting to burst her bubble, Han Suyin pretended to be startled and dropped her knife.

She could see how the girl's mask tilted up on one side, indicating that the girl was smirking underneath. Han Suyin started trembling as the girl walked closer. This seemed to make the girl really happy as her eyes curved up and her walk had more attitude. She pulled Han Suyin's hands behind her back and tied it up with her robe's sash.

Luckily, Han Suyin had a smaller string beneath the sash that kept her outer garments in place. She started to get dragged by the girl in the mask towards the proper entrance of the base. Han Suyin acted like she tripped on something and fell down. The girl in the mask angrily huffed as she started to walk away.

When the girl was gone, Han Suyin picked up her knife with her tied up hands. She hid it in her sleeve and the girl came back to pull her up. Han Suyin didn't resist and stood up, looking at the ground. They both started walking away when Ben's cries were heard. Han Suyin's eyes shot up and she quickly looked back to where she left Ben.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"I tied him up, and when I find out what you know, I'll kill you and take that horse for myself." The girl's voice was heard. Han Suyin was sure that the girl wanted that to sound like a threat, but the girl's voice sounded too soft, not threatening at all.

"Good luck with that." Han Suyin replied.

The girl let go of her and continued to walk beside her. When they reached the base, the girl took off her mask. She saw her father who was waiting for her and ran to him.

"Father, look! I found this spy sneaking around the area! I'm capable of joining the army now!" She said happily.

The man was about to scold his daughter but he stopped when he saw who she brought. His whole body tensed and he kept staring at the 'spy' in disbelief.

The girl got worried looking at her father's reaction and her eyes widened when she turned back to see what happened.

Han Suyin rubbed her wrists that were already free and dropped the cut-up sash to the ground as she looked at the girl who captured her. She started to walk closer to the father-daughter pair. Each step she took made the girl's heart heavy. Han Suyin's charismatic nature seeped out of her body and her unhurried steps looked extremely charming and a tiny bit dangerous.

"Miss Han?" The man spoke, with his voice trembling.

The girl looked at her normally calm father, scared and frightful. Han Suyin's eyes were on the girl up until she was close enough to the pair. She winked at the girl and then looked at the man.

"Guess who's back."

...

Hey guys! Hope you all are safe!

Finally, something is happening! I have a feeling that this arc is going to be a long one, hope you don't mind!

Thanks for reading!