"Kay, take care mom. Tell dad i said hi." He smiled, slightly moving away from the camera to show his hand waving bye.

"Will do. You too, take care of yourself! Love you, Charles!" And there, she ended the call. Finally, Charles got to breathe better. He's really tired and keeping up with her mother's energy is draining. Liveliness is something he wish he inherit from his parents. Unluckily, he didnt.

He sighed and flopped lazily on the comfy chair. Looking around with his droopy eyes, his apartment looked really messy. The whole place is the whole definition of chaos.

He wished he has the time to clean up, but the school activities had eaten up his free time already. It even affected his sleep for the whole week. It's either he gets three to five hour sleep or none at all. Undeniably unhealthy for someone who has a body of a toothpick.

Glancing around, his eyes eventually landed on the digital clock. 7:32, he still have approximately thirty minutes left before his first class start. Finally, he got to eat breakfast for the first time this week.

With a last yawn, he stood up and wore his shoes. He dooesn't have anything edible in his apartment but luckily, across his apartment building is a small bakery shop. The stuff they're selling is pretty tasty. And if he's in the mood for coffee, there's a pretty well known café beside the said shop. He actually works there as a barista and he can assure that their drinks were awakening.

"Oh, goodmorning Charles!" The middle aged lady on the counter greeted. He'd been coming to the bakery shop quite frequently and it's not a surprise that the owner already recognize him. "It's been a while since i've seen you here in my shop. Getting quite busy, huh?"

"Indeed, Ms Murphy. Getting quite hectic but i'm handling it." He shrugged lowly, bowing down to look at the goodies displayed. Though, most of them are sweet, which he isn't that fond of. "Do you still have those cheese buns? I really liked them.."

"Umm..wait, i don't think i baked another batch. Let me check." She scurried to the back for a sec, leaving Charles standing in there. "Hey! Is it okay if you wait for a moment? This will be done in a few minutes!"

"Okay, sure." He replied but he's not sure if she heard him since he didn't actually said that out loud. The lady didn't take that long to be back tho.

"So for the meantime, can you taste test these? I'm planning to add these to the options and sell them but i'm not sure if it's good." She placed a tray of different breads and pastries on the counter. "Be my judge, hmm?"

To be honest, everything looks good and he don't doubt her abilities to bake. So far, he liked everything she does. He may not be fond of some, but he don't hate it. "Umm, do I have to pay for that as well?"

"Of course not! I just want your opinion." She smiled widely, pushing the tray closer to Charles.

"Uh, i don't think i have the time for that.." Charles avoided her eyes, afraid that he disappointed the lady who's offering him free food.

"Oh, that's fine. I can just put them in a bag with the buns so you can bring them with you. Then just come back whenever you're free." She suggested.

"Oh umm, yeah i guess that'll work." He smiled awkwardly, his hands gripping on his pants loosely.

"Okay, it's settled then. I'll just pack everything up. Be right back." And once again, she disappeared probably to check on the cheese buns.

As he waits, he examined the pastries in front of him. Glazed donuts of different flavors, peanut butter cookies and oh, red velvet cupcakes.