Chapter 13

Bella's P.O.V

***************************************************************************************************************

I felt helpless. I couldn't believe what had just happened. Why would Edward do that? I hadn't talked to Jacob in a week. I don't know how this all went so wrong. Actually I do, as soon as Edward came back. I wish he'd just leave, but.. apart of me doesn't want him to. But where did these feelings come from?

 I'm absolutely positive that I want to be with Jake. I can't not be with him. I can't lose him. I need him.

Jacob's P.O.V

How could Bella do this to me? To US! I've did nothing wrong. I don't even have the strength to be mad. I'm too hurt. I wonder if I ripped Edward to shreds, what would Bella do? *sigh*

I can't take this anymore. I need to call Bella.

*ring ring, ring ring, ring ri-*

"Jacob!?" 

"Hey, where are you?" I said extremely calm.

"I'm at home. Where are you? Are you ok? Jacob I'm sooo sorr-."

"I'm coming over, I'll be there in a minute." I said cutting her off.

"Ok, I'll see you when you get here."

We hung up the phone and now I needed to gather my thoughts. Am  I going to let Edward win and let him have Bella? Or am I going to fight for the love of my life?

**********************************************************************************************************

I ran to Bella's house as fast as I could. It only took a couple of minutes. I knocked on Bella's door and she opened it immediately. Thank God Charlie wasn't home.

"Jake!" She said exhaling like she had been holding her breath for  along time. She jumped up and wrapped her arms around my neck as tight as she could. 

At first I didn't hug her back, but her embrace drew me in. I placed my arms around her thin waist and hugged her tight as well. Making sure not to squeeze too tight. Her scent was intoxicating. Everything felt like it was back in the right place. But this isn't what I came here for.

I pullded away. Even though she wasn't ready.

"Bella, we have to talk."

Bella's P.O.V

As soon as Jacob said those words, my heart dropped down into my stomach. It felt like I had  frog in my throat. My hands became extremely sweaty an shaky and I couldn't move. Nothing good EVER came out of "we have to talk"

Jacob grabbed my hand when he noticed that my body wouldn't move. We started walking to the couch in the living room, and I felt like I was walking to my cell in prison. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. and I know he heard it.

We finally sat down on the coach and I couldn't even look at him. I was too afraid.

"Bella, I'm sorry I haven't called you during this past week. I didn't mean to stress you out, I didn't mean to hurt you, or cause you any type of pain. 

"But when I heard you admit that you love Edward it-"

I looked up because I noticed that he paused. It was like he was trying to figure out the right words or something. He held his head down for a couple seconds and when he lifted it, there was tears in his eyes.

Which made me immediately feel unworthy.

"Bella, when you told Edward you loved him, it broke my heart. It made me feel like I wasn't good enough for you. It made me feel like everything I've ever done wasn't worth a thing to you. It was like I was back in second place. 

"I've done nothing but love you Bella, and now I feel like I was just a rebound. Just a space that needed to be temporarily filled. Before he came I would always say to myself that if he would ever come back, it wouldn't matter because I hold the key to your heart. But now I'm not sure."

He just placed his head in his hands and put his head in his lap.

"Jacob, I'm so so so sorry. I don't"

He cut me off.

"Bella how would you feel if I said that I can't be with you anymore? Because at this point I-"

"Jacob PLEASE!" I began sobbing uncontrollably. But I didn't care. I pulled his head out of his hands and pulled him up to face me.

"Jake I promise, no I SWEAR I don't want him. I ONLY want you Jake please. You can't leave me. Your all I want. I can't Jake PLEASE"

All you could hear was the sound of me sniffing.

"Jake I'll do whatever it takes to fix this. Please just tell me what to do."

Still he said nothing. I was going to keep pleading but I figured he was thinking.

Then he stood up, and turned around and stuck his hand out for me to grab. So i placed my hand in his and let him pull me up to my feet. Then he let my hand go and put his hands on my face. 

He started to wipe the tears away.

"Bella, I love you. I will fight for you until my dying day. The fact that your willing to give him up, just for me is good enough. I will never purposely hurt you. I'm not him, I can't just leave you. I won't. Because hurting you, hurts me. I won't lie I was debating if I could walk away or not. But my heart won't let me. I will NEVER be him. And I'll prove to you everyday."

He leaned in and gave me a soft gentle kiss. It was so small yet, it was just enough to send chills down my spine.

"I love you Bella." He said taking his hand off of my face and placing them on my waist.

I put my hands around his neck and hugged him. "I love you, Jacob."

***********************************************************************************************************