Chapter 4

It had been a couple of days since the incident had happened. I figured that Jacob would call me when he was ready. Or at least that's what I thought.

Charlie told me that Billy (Jake's Dad) said Jake had been in his room the whole time. He hadn'e even phased into a wolf because he didn't want his brothers to read his mind. Charlie said he didn't know what was going on and felt like i should fill him in.

He was right. So after breakfast one saturday my dad and  started talking about what had happened.

"So you told Jacob you are in love with him?" my dad asked.

"Yup." I said nonchalantly.

"Why would you do that to the poor kid. Unless you actually-" I cut him off. I 've been doing a lot of that.

 "Yes dad I actually love him. I know I do." i said so surely.

"Are you sure your not just rebounding honey?" 

"DAD! I know Edward is not coming back. I don't...want him to. I know what I want. And I know it's Jacob." I was a little upset by this time. Not just at my dad but at myself for not thinking of Jacob's feelings.

 After my dad and I had this talk. I decided to go to Port Angeles to get some books. I went to my car and headed on out. 

Once I got to the library I picked out some books about werewolves and Indian culture. I didn't haveany other plans so I stayed at the library to read the books I got. Once I was about done, it was already dark and rainy outside.

I gathered my  things and went to my car. I ran because I was trying to avoid as much rain as possible. That didn't work. I was driving as slow as a grandma because I didn't want to risk an accident.

It took me the longest to get home but I finally got there. Once I got there I hoped in the shower to release this stress. The hot water felt amazing on my skin. I washed my hair and just let the hot water soak into my skin. 

I got out and dried my hair, brushed my teeth and went to my room.

I went to my closet to put my shoes up when I heard a big thud. I was afraid to turn around so I did it slowly. When I turned around I couldn't believe my eyes. It was....Jacob. 

"Jacob what are you doing here?"

He didn't say anything. He walked closer to me and grabbed my hands. I couldn't breathe, I forgot how to.

"Bella. I've been thinking VERY hard about what has happened. I've loved you every since I can remember. When I saw how Edward broke your heart I wanted to be the one who mended your broken heart.

After you shot me down I thought you would never love me. I never gave up. I just didn't want to keep getting hurt. When I met Maria, I thought that maybe I could love someone who loves me too. I never meant to hurt you Bella. I didn't mean to yell at you either. You just took me by surprise. 

Your so, beautiful.l Your smart, independent, sassy and everything any guy would want. Isabella Swan I love you. Did you mean what you said at the restaurant?"

My heart was thudding super fast. But I knew the answer. I put his hands around my waist and I put my hands on his neck.

"Jacob Black. I love you. You are my best friend and you were there for me with everything. I knew you were placed in my life for a reason. And THIS is it. I'm sorry about the other night.

I didn't mean to do that to you."

He brought me in and hugged me. "It's OK Bells."

This was how it ws supposed to be. Best friends becoming lovers. That didn't  seem like the right word for us. Whatever it was, I know I like it. He pulled out from the hug and stared into my eyes.