Chapter 4: Karasuno Doesn't Get to Talk to Hinata

(At the hospital)

The hospital was loud. Doctors running around, machines beeping, children crying. But Hinata's smile never left his face.

"So Hinata, who'd your friend irritate enough to get shot?" Tsukishima snickered.

"He was going stargazing on the roof of a building with his camera. There was a man up there that shot him. We can show you the video if you want. Its up to you." Hinata's voice was serious, but also soft, like he had seen the crime happen.

"I heard someone say something about you spending the whole day yesterday with the guy who shot him. Is that true?" Nishinoya asked casually, though his question drew the attention of the group.

"I mean, yes and no. I'll tell you about it another time." He was unsure as he spoke.

"What about you getting kidnapped by someone called the 'black dog'?" Noya pushed further.

"We can have this conversation later," Hinata stopped in front of a hospital room door, "we're here." He shoved the door open and ran in yelling for the boy inside, "TaTa!"

"ShoSho!" A voice inside the room called back.

"I brought the team to meet you! Miko said you were excited to meet them." Hinata motions for the rest of the team to come in.

"Hello, I'm Totsuka Tatara, but you can call me Tatara. Nice to meet you all. Sho said you play volleyball. What positions?" He sounded excited yet calm as he spoke.

Daichi stepped up first, "I'm Sawamura Daichi, all round player and Captain of the Karasuno volleyball team." He finished with a bow.

"I'm Sugawara Koshi. I'm a setter and the Vice Captain."

"Asahi, Ace and outside hitter."

"I'm Nishinoya, libero and Karasuno's Guardian Deity!" He spoke with his thumb pointing to his chest.

"That's so cool!" Tatara spoke before the introductions could continue.

"I know right!"

"Ahem, I'm Tanaka Ryunosuke, outside hitter."

"Ennoshita Chikara, hitter."

"Kinoshita Hisashi, pinch server."

"Narita Kazuhito, middle blocker."

"Kageyama Tobio, official setter."

"Shoyo! Middle blocker! But you already know that."

"Tsukishima, middle blocker."

"Yamaguchi Tadashi, pinch server."

"Well then, I hope your stay with HOMRA has been pleasant. Hinata, I heard you've been being an idiot. Care to tell me why?" He glared at the short first year.

"If it wasn't for me that boy who supposedly shot you would be dead by now and you know that!" He yelled at the bedridden Tatara.

"Ah, I guess that's right, but you don't have to risk yourself. If he shot me then he might shoot you. Anyways, I trust you and the king have been busy?" Tataras evil smirk send a chill down the Karasuno boys' necks.

"Wha-What does that mean?" The gentle ace of the team turned pale as he stuttered out the question.

"Oh nothing, just that Hinata and Mikoto used to be very close. I remember you guys cuddled up together sleeping on the couch and going on walks for hours just the two of you. Also, by the way, everyone knows what happened the day before you left." The devilish glint in his eyes never leaving as Hinata blushed in embarrassment.