Chapter 3: Difficult Conversations

(With the volleyball team)

To say the Karasuno volleyball team was pissed was an understatement. First, Hinata lied about being sick, then he showed up at the school island that he should have been playing volleyball on. But if that wasn't enough, Hinata wasn't at the bar when the club returned after playing volleyball.

"Maybe he went on a walk! I'm sure he'll be back soon." Sugawara, the team mom, spoke softly in an attempt to calm the seething team Captain.

"Yeah, on a walk doing gang shit! I'm- Ow!" Tanaka was cut off by a hard hit on his head by Suga.

"No matter how frustrated you are you don't need to use curse words like that!" He scolded the boy.

The team was still talking in the third years room when they heard a loud voice downstairs in the main bar.

"When he gets back the only people I want to see in the bar are Yata, Anna, myself and the king. He got kidnapped by the Black Dog and he's been with the boy thought to have shot Tatara. We need to talk to him without anything distracting us. If Hinata thinks he's guilty, you know what that means." He stopped for a moment only to hear loud chants a moment later.

"No Blood!"

"No Bone!"

"No Ash!"

Followed by the shuffling of feet leaving the bar.

"Wh-What do you think that was about?" Asahi spoke up, fear lacing his words.

"And the part about being kidnapped and with The shooter all day?! What has Hinata been doing?" Nishinoya nearly yelled.

Everyone looked at each other for a moment, thinking, until they heard the ring of a bell signalling someone had entered the bar. They cracked the door to listen.

(With Hinata, Hours Earlier)

After Hinata started walking back to the bar, he got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" He answered the phone.

"Hey. So Kuroh decided to help me find the truth if I'm innocent or not before killing me. Wanna tag along for today?" Yashiro Isana spoke on the other side.

Hinata agreed, turning around to walk towards the island again, "I'll be at your dorm room in 10 minutes." He hung up and sent a very detailed text to Izumo about his plans.

"Hey! I'm gonna spend the day with the guy who supposedly pulled the trigger on Tata. See you tonight with my verdict on his innocence."

After that he ran the rest of the way to the school.

Its hard to disappoint Hinata. But when you spend an entire day with someone to prove their innocence, but every lead you have dies a fiery death, you start to lose hope. Especially when the said guilty persons home turns out to be a soccer stadium.

So, the walk back to the bar, in that late night, knowing his volleyball team was angry with him- yet he only had a gut feeling to go off of that Yashiro was innocent- caused him to drag his feet just a little.

Hinata could only slump more when the bar came into view. If he was lucky his volleyball team would already be asleep. Swallowing his nerves he walked into the bar to see his brother, his king, Anna and Kusanagi standing around waiting for him.

Anna was the first to move, tackling the boy into a hug, while Izumo and Yata only stood.

Kusanagi spoke up first, "what happened?" He handed Hinata a glass of water as he spoke.