Chapter Eleven: Part one

Maxwell's POV

I'm now sitting in the restaurant, waiting for her to return from the changing rooms. I was already wearing my royal blue kimono that I had been given by one of the male workers.

The thought of what happened a few days ago brought a smile to my face. I remembered the day Valerie came into my office and threw the roses and necklace at me, telling her to leave her alone. I found that to be very.......... intriguing, in a way.

For the few days I've known her, I began to realise how different she was from the rest. She held herself right, very regal, always poised, something I'd always admired in a woman. She didn't throw herself at any man she saw or at any man who came to her. She, on her own, was  extremely attractive, very beautiful. I saw how men looked at her when she passed by the place. At El Passo, here, they all saw what I saw.

Beauty at it's finest element.

I'm actually here because of the threat that I imposed on the deal. It might have been ungentlemanly of me to do that, but I had to do it. I'd run out of ideas.

According to the boys, I'd won the bet, but to me, I hadn't. I threatened to cancel the deal, that was why she was here, not because she willingly came here because she was interested in me. The boys didn't know about that though, and I planned to keep it that way.

And, because of that, I wanted to know her, for her. I knew this might sound weird but, I felt like she was growing on me.
I would think of her more, wonder how she was doing.At night when I went to sleep, I'd ask myself if she was going to have a nightmare that night. I somehow wished I could do something about it.

While I was thinking, I hadn't seen that she had returned and seemed to be wearing a black kimono with floral prints all over it. She looked so cute, I won't lie to you.

"What's on your mind, Mr Grant?"

I couldn't help but be blunt about it.

"You."

She raised a brow at me, which made her look even cuter since she was trying to look inquisitive.

"What about me?"

"How I want to have another date with you."

She laughed. Why was it that everything about her drew me closer to her? She just laughed, but it sounded so beautiful, I had to refrain myself from doing things I would regret.

"There's only one date here, which is this one."

I just shrugged

"Ok, Val. We'll see"

As we were now eating our food that we'd ordered, I looked at her and thought of the night I called her crying.

"Valerie?"

She looked up from her meal. She seemed to be enjoying her food, and she had a small smile on her face.

"What?"

I cleared my throat. I was about to ask something that could make her feel uncomfortable.

"It's about the night that I called. Why were you crying?"

Her face became blank and she went on eating her food. I decided to not ask, and let her answer when she felt comfortable.

I might have liked playing around with women but that didn't mean I had a ruthless and mean personality. I suddenly heard her voice

"I'd had a bad dream. It really shook me, that's all."

Wow. I didn't think she'd say anything. I really wanted to know more.

"What was it about?"

Her eyebrows scrunched up on her forehead, as if in thought. Her mouth set into a deep frown.

"Let's keep eating."

I just looked at her while she continued eating her food.

See?

Very cryptic, vague, mysterious. I wanted to know more of her, what led to people giving her that name.

Now, here was my actual question, the question that had been puzzling me for a while now.

If I knew more about her, then what?

**********

I just thought of posting a part of the date in his POV  (-_-;). This was hard for me because I'm not really used to writing the male lead's POV. I wanted to show Maxwell's change and how he's feeling about all that's happening to him. I don't want people to be confused later.

Hope you enjoyed the mini chapter(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤. Comments are very much welcomed. It helps me upgrade as a writer.

Love you and keep safe🖤

It's 1:30am here so I'm sleepy. What time is it there?