"What are you up to?" He returned the question.

"Nothing much." I chuckled, but it came out forced. I quickly stood from my spot and walked over to Wilder. He stood hunched over the stove, not that the stove was small, but that he was giant.

"I love pancakes." I smiled down at the delicious fluffy pancakes. He looked at me, smile in his eyes, but it never reached his full lips.

"Here you are." He handed me a plate of pancakes. I stared hungrily at the two pancakes on the plate, before turning and finding a seat on the island.

"Thank you." I smiled and dug in.

"We need to talk." Wilder's serious tone interrupted my date with breakfast. I nodded, and continued to eat.

"I don't want you to leave. Even if that is to go to work." He said in all seriousness. For some reason, I felt like this was a different person from the one I talked to yesterday.

"I understand where you're coming from, but this is my living we're talking about. I can't quit if that's what you're saying." I placed my fork down ready for the argument.

"I will take care of you, you don't have to worry about money anymore." He looked away from me, and I knew he was trying to contain his anger, but so was I.

"I am not your captive, and I don't intend to stay here all the time. I want to work and make my own money. It's how I ensure my own safety." I said a bit louder so he knew I meant business.

"You're mine." He growled out. The conversation between Zeke and Willow paused, and they turned to look at me. The look in their eyes pleaded me not to fight with him, but I was not about to give in.

"I am not yours, and I will never be if you don't let me be independent. You do not own me." I bit out every word, which only made him more upset.

"You're mine! We share money because you are my mate!" He yelled causing me to flinch at his harsh tone, but I still wasn't going to back down.

"I make my own money! I'm an independent woman, and I do not need you to patronize me." I bit back, to which he clearly didn't take well. His chest heaved, and he finally turned to face me again. I could see his eyes shining gold through his hooded eyes.

"You can never leave me!" He yelled.

"You can't stop me." I stated before standing and making my way to the front door. I could feel his rage following me every step of the way, and it wasn't until my fingers touched the door knob, that he lifted me into the air, and threw me over his shoulder.

"Put me the fuck down!" I yelled angrier than before.

"Mine! Fucking mine!" He yelled out, loud enough to send shock waves for miles. He walked to the back door, but Willow and Zeke were quick to jump up and stand in front of him.

"Wilder, breathe man." Zeke tried to place his hand on Wilder's shoulder, but he wasn't having any part of it. Wilder pushed them away from the door, and continued his path. He walked for about 10 minutes, all the while I was screaming bloody murder, and Zeke and Willow followed quietly behind. We soon arrived at a the entrance to an underground building. It felt ominous, but I couldn't quite place why.

As Wilder walked into the entrance, two men stood by the door and nodded at him. They opened the doors, and the stench of rotting flesh filled my nose. I almost gagged, but held it in. Cells lined the walls, some full and some empty, but I knew one more would be filled tonight.

"Put me down Wilder, please. Let's talk this out." I pleaded for what felt like my life.

"No." His tone was cold and hard, it reminded me that I made a huge mistake in trusting him. "You won't leave me, I'm making sure of it." He approached the last cell in the hall, and the guard opened it for him. The black door slid open angrily, screeching all the way open.

"Alpha." The guard greeted and bowed his head. Wilder waked in and gently lifted me from his shoulder. I felt my body ache as he set me down softly on the dirty mattress. He held no sympathy in his eyes as he turned and walked away from me. Tears filled my eyes, but I refused to shed my tears over him. The guard gave me a sympathetic look before closing the door on me.

"You can't just forget about me in here." I yelled, but he didn't respond. Zeke and Willow approached the cell cautiously.

"He'll come back." Zeke comforted. I just let out a deep sigh.

"Can I have my things." I muttered out, and turned to face away from them. I didn't want them to see the tears.

"Of course." Willow said and stood quickly. I'm sure she didn't want to be down her, either because of the smell, or the emotions that she was sure to be feeling. She ran out of the prison. Nothing more was said, but it only took about 5 minutes for Willow to return.

"Here are your things." Willow smiled and pressed my bags up against the bars. Clearly, she avoided touching them, which led me to believe they were werewolf proof or something. I scooted to the bars and pulled my bags through, luckily they were small, as I didn't have many things to take with me.

"Thank you." I was grateful for my two friends, but all good things must come to an end. I dug around in my bag looking for anything.

"Adelaide, what happened to you?" Zeke asked. I paused my search and looked up at him. Willow backhanded him in the chest, and I snorted.

"What? I just mean you have clearly been through a world of pain." He explained himself.

"You'll find out when you're ready, but for now I just don't want to talk about it." I sighted and continued to dig through my bag.

"That's perfectly fine." Willow said kindly. "You can tell us when you feel ready." She shot a look to Zeke who was looking at her in shock.

"Thank you both for being such great friends." I smiled at them. They both smiled back. I had found my tool, and I pulled the shiny object from my bag.

"I just cant be helped anymore." I said staring them both in the eyes. Concern filled their expressions, but I couldn't find my will to care anymore.

"Thank you both." I smiled sweetly at them.

"You're scaring me Adi." Zeke stood from his spot, and Willow was quick to follow.

"It looks like this is it." I said rolling up my sweater sleeves. The piece of glass suddenly became visible as I pulled it from my bag and put it to my wrist. I took a deep breath.

"Adelaide, put it down now!" Zeke yelled, but I just smiled and pulled the glass down my arm.

"Fuck! Open the door now!" I heard Zeke yell, but it was too late. I took the glass to my other arm and and pushed until I felt the warm blood gushing. It was satisfying to watch.

The world started to blur before my eyes, and I saw the guard step forward to open the cell. He had on a large black glove, and my suspicions were confirmed. Werewolf proof. I felt the daze setting in, and I laid back down on the floor. Screams could be heard, and I assumed it was Willow, but as my vision started to face. The glass was knocked out of my hand, and I felt two arms hoist me into the air. They carried me out of the cell and through the hallways. I felt the sun hit my face, but I just couldn't go on. The sun warmed my cold dead skin, and I finally felt at peace.

<>

Chapter 10 everyone! This was such a difficult chapter to write, because it is so heavy. Writing so deeply and emotionally truly helps me get my own thoughts out. I hope it helps you to read, but if you had to skip ahead, please reach out to me. I would love to talk and comfort you. You are not alone in your battles! If you are struggling please seek help. I love you all so much!

Have a good one peeps!

Love

~B

11/8/20