XVIII. Confessions

Start from the beginning

///~///

Weeks had passed and it was finally the day of the big game Yujin had been training for for weeks. She was very nervous. She spent the entire morning restlessly bouncing her basketball around her house. 

Her little brother was starting to get annoyed by the sound so he went to Yujin's room and took her phone. He once accidentally saw her enter her password but never told her about it. He unlocked it and went straight to the favourites list in her contacts and right at the very top was a name who he hoped would save him from the ruckus downstairs.

"Hi baby!" the line was answered so almost immediately. 

"Hey! I'm nearly five now, I am not a baby!"

"Oops, sorry Hyeongjun. I thought Yujin called me. Why do you have her phone?" Wonyoung asked.

"I need your help. Yujin is driving me insane! She has been so nervous about the game tonight that she's trying to break our floorboards with her basketball," he complained. He was quite dramatic but a lovable kid nonetheless. 

Wonyoung chuckled. Yujin's little brother, Hyeongjun, had grown quite fond of her since he met her and she found it endearing that he would call her for help. "I'm on my way,".

It didn't take very long for Wonyoung to reach Yujin's place. Chaewon had an errand to run so she dropped Wonyoung off on the way. Though she did have to deal with some teasing from her mom, she didn't mind it if it meant she could comfort Yujin sooner. 

The door opened and a familiar tiny figure greeted her, "Finally! Please save me," Hyeongjun whined and she could hear the faint sound of a basketball constantly hitting the floor. Wonyoung ruffled his hair before making her way to the living room. 

Just as Hyeongjun had said, Yujin was a nervous wreck. She was pacing back and forth from one end of the living room to another, her eyebrows knitted and eyes trained on the basketball that she was bouncing. She was way too focused to even notice Wonyoung standing by the sofa. 

Wonyoung approached Yujin from behind and wrapped her arms around the older girl's waist. Yujin's body tensed up for a moment in surprise but she calmed down once she inhaled Wonyoung's familiar scent. "Hi bunny,"

Wonyoung buried her blushing face when she heard the nickname. It was just a few days ago that Yujin called her by that for the first time and Wonyoung swore it made her heart do somersaults.

Yujin turned around in Wonyoung's back hug to embrace her closer, leaning into the familiar warmth that gave her so much solace. "What brings you here? I thought I was only going to see you right before the game tonight,".

Wonyoung punched Yujin's shoulder lightly, a pout on her face, "You told me you were fine this morning when I asked if you were okay. You could've told me you were nervous about the game,".

"I didn't want to worry you," Yujin told her as she took Wonyoung's hand and guided her to her room. "How did you know anyway?".

Wonyoung was still frowning at her but was about to answer her question when the answer ran to her and hugged her leg. Hyeongjun's cute little face looked up at her, "Thank you so much. I finally have some peace and quiet," he said before running off to play with his toys.

Yujin chuckled, "He called you, huh?" and Wonyoung nodded. "You know, he thinks I don't know that he knows my password,".

"You're not going to change it?" 

"Nah. If I change it, who's going to call you when I'm like this again?" Yujin joked and entered her room. She flopped onto her bed and Wonyoung laid down next to her. "Plus it's just Hyeonjun. I trust my little brother," she told Wonyoung and kissed her cheek.