XVIII. Confessions

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Did something happen?" Minju asked as she watched Wonyoung skip and twirl up the stairs. Chaewon was tempted to get the thermometer, she wondered if her daughter had a high fever.

"I like Yujin," and her smile got wider, cheeks rosier, "and Yujin likes me,". 

Before her family could question her any further, Wonyoung went into her room and locked the door. That wouldn't stop them so easily. For about the next ten minutes or so, Wonyoung could hear tons of questions from the other side of her door, asking about how the whole confession went. She just chuckled to herself and waited for them to get tired and leave her be. She would have to face their teasing tomorrow morning anyway so for now, she just wanted to bask in the fluttering feeling in her chest and the warmth that filled her whole being.

Just when she thought her day couldn't get any better, she saw her phone screen light up with the name of the person who made her feel so giddy. She made a mental note to add a heart or something to Yujin's contact name. 

"Hey," Wonyoung said shyly as she picked up the phone.

"Hey, I called to say good night and uh," Yujin was stuttering with the next part, "are we girlfriends now?".

Wonyoung giggled, Yujin was adorable in every possible way and she felt her heart swell ten times its size, "Yes, we're girlfriends,".

"O-oh okay, I, uh, I like that,". Wonyoung could practically see Yujin blushing helplessly and she swore her heart would implode if Yujin did anything else cuter.

Wonyoung heard a softer and squeakier voice on Yujin's end and she could hear some of the words. "Are you talking to your girlfriend?" she heard the tiny voice ask. 

Then Yujin's muffled one. She was probably covering the mic on the phone. Wonyoung heard Yujin shoo her little brother away and get back to the call, clearing her throat, "Uh, yeah, good night then. I'll see you tomorrow," Yujin told her.

"Good night," Wonyoung considered the next word for a moment, "babe," a smirk on her lips. 

They may be girlfriends now but that was not going to stop her from teasing Yujin. In fact, it made her want to tease the older girl even more. Wonyoung heard Yujin's gasp before she cut the call. She would bet all her savings that Yujin was a blushing mess in that moment but honestly, she was too. She would tease Yujin with that nickname tomorrow too and watch her blush helplessly in person.

---

Outside the room, the rest of the Kims went back to the living room. They were looking forward to teasing their youngest but it would just have to wait until breakfast. Until then, the mothers decided to change their target to their other daughter.

"So Kkura," Minju started, "How does it feel that your little sister got a girlfriend before you?".

Sakura groaned, "Momma, don't rub it in,".

"If only you confessed to Chaeyeon," Chaewon teased and watched her daughter's eyes grow wide, "Then again, we couldn't make fun of you like this if you did,".

Sakura stared at them for a moment, "H-how d-did you know?".

"Oh please! We're your moms. Of course we knew," Minju told her.

"Yena, Yuri and the two of us often talk about how cute you two would be as a couple. We even teased you two as kids," Chaewon added.

"Hyewon and Eunbi agree. Felix too," Minju chimed in.

"You're kidding!" Sakura exclaimed and covered her face in embarrassment. She couldn't believe her entire family shipped her with her best friend. It made her wonder just how obvious and oblivious she had been all this time.