Chapter 8: Inuyasha's Mother and Sesshomaru!!

Emi's pov

I sat up on my knees as I saw a noble's palanquin pass overhead which rattled me. Inside the palanquin was a woman, who was chained up and looked really frightened. I also noticed just how beautiful she really was, Myoga wasn't lying when he said that Inuyasha's mother was beautiful. "There's a lady inside," Kagome said, as I stared at the woman in the chains. My ears twitched as Inuyasha looked up, when I saw his face, I knew that he recognized the lady. "Inuyasha, what's the matter?" Kagome asked, as Inuyasha stood to his feet and walked forward. "M-My mother?" Inuyasha spoke softly, shocking the two of us. "You are... Inuyasha... Agh.." The woman let out a yelp as the chains she was tangled in tugged at her. "Mom!!" Inuyasha rushed forward, leaving Kagome and me behind. Kagome and I made eye contact, nodding to each other, and rushed after Inuyasha. "What's happening? I thought you said your mother was dead!" Kagome asked, something in my gut told me that someone was deliberately trying to get under Inuyasha's skin.

"Inuyasha!! Inuyasha!!" The woman cried. Before Inuyasha could respond, the palanquin flies towards a cloud swirl in the sky, from which a gigantic demon claw reaches out and crashes it. "What the hell?" I questioned, stopping in my tracks as I looked up. The rest of the demon appears, with eerie red eyes, among the clouds and clenching Inuyasha's mother tightly in his fist. Inuyasha's mother looks unconscious. My nerves shot up as I realized that a demon was after Inuyasha, it made me angry that this demon was using Inuyasha's mother to get to him. This got me thinking that someone Inuyasha possibly knows is the one coming after him, but the question of who comes to mind. It could be someone from his family or it could be a family friend, who knew both Inuyasha and his mother when he was a child.

"Inuyasha, your mother!"

"You.." Inuyasha leaped into the air, trying to get to his mother but a sudden blast of fire shoots at him and causes him to back off. "Damn it." Inuyasha landed in front of me, as I walked forward a bit. I looked up as a green little guy appeared, holding a staff meaning he must have been the one to shoot the fire at Inuyasha. He was standing on the shoulder of the giant red demon, suddenly another demon appeared on the shoulder of the giant demon. A faint blush appeared on my cheeks, seeing that the demon on the giant's shoulder was very handsome.

"Jaken." My blush deepened a bit, as I heard him speak for the first time. He had a really nice voice, but I could tell that something was off with this picture.

"Yes, my lord."

"We kill him after our business is done." My blush disappeared as soon as he said that, meaning he was planning on killing Inuyasha. Kagome looked at me as I looked at her and then back to Inuyasha, "You... Sesshomaru!!" Inuyasha shouted, "Admirable... So you remember your older brother?" Sesshomaru spoke, sending shock through Kagome and I again. "Older brother?! Your brother?!!" Kagome shouted, "Inuyasha, why didn't you tell us that you have an older brother?!!" I smacked Inuyasha's arm, making him growl at me in annoyance.

"Hmm... A mortal girl... What's this? Another half-demon?" Sesshomaru looked over to Kagome, making her hide behind Inuyasha. When his eyes landed on me, they slightly narrowed at me as if he had somehow recognized me from somewhere. Since he kept staring at me, I immediately became flustered at his gaze. "Hey!! What are you staring at?! Don't you know it's rude to stare at someone?!!" I shouted, forgetting to control my temper. A blush arose on my face, making Inuyasha scoff as he looked at me.

"You're blushing?!!"

"Shut up!"

"It suits you to stick to humans.. But it amazes me that you have met another half-demon as yourself." Sesshomaru spoke, turning his gaze away from me and to Inuyasha. A chain raises around Inuyasha's mother's neck, causing her to wince. "Disgusting beasts called humans. To be a half-demon, whose mother is a human is a disgrace to all our kind!" Sesshomaru said, making Inuyasha and I grind our teeth. That is horrible to say about humans, they're not all bad.

"Sesshomaru.. You! Did you come all this way just to tell me that?!" Inuyasha clenched his fist, visibly pissed with his older brother. If Inuyasha's mom is human, then Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are only half brothers. I could smell that Sesshomaru was a full-fledged demon, which didn't bode well for us. "Fool! I am not so idle as that! I came to ask you the location of our father's grave." Sesshomaru stated, glaring at Inuyasha.

"Grave? Who knows?!"

"Visible, but invisible... The true protector of the grave cannot see it." That is the clue to the gravesite."

"I don't know what you're talking about! Besides, even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you! That's for sure!" Inuyasha shouted.

"I see... Then it can't be helped. Your mother will suffer for it." He whipped the giant demon, who winced in pain and clenched his fist, hurting Inuyasha's mother.

"Inuyasha!"

"Are you stupid?! My mother died a long time ago! As if I'd fall for such a trick!" Inuyasha shouted, not wanting to believe that the woman was his mother.

"Trick, huh?"

"Do you not understand? Bringing dead spirits from the netherworld is a simple task for someone as great as Lord Sesshomaru. He was so kind as to give her flesh! Her own son won't believe that it's her. How mortifying it must be for your mother!" The green imp named Jaken, shouted.

"Inuyasha!" I could see that Inuyasha was fighting himself, he didn't know what to believe. "I am returned from the dead..." She said, Jaken pulled on the chain and Inuyasha's mother fainted from the pain. "Damn! Iron Reaver-Soul Stealer!" Inuyasha leaps up and claws the giant demon's hand, cutting it into two. The fist which was clenching his mother falls to the ground. The demon growls in pain, as Inuyasha lands on his feet. The little demons which were tugging at Inuyasha's mother, ran off once they landed on the ground. Kagome rushed over to Inuyasha's mother, checking to see if she was alright. "Inuyasha's mother, are you alright?" Kagome asked, as I walked towards the two.

"Emi!!" I looked over at Inuyasha, "Take Kagome and my mother and get out of here!!" He shouted, I gave him a nod, grabbing onto Kagome and his mother's hand. "You will not escape." Sesshomaru whipped the demon, making him wince in pain. "You hopeless imbecile!" Sesshomaru whips the giant demon again, this time hitting him in the face. The demon reached down to grab Inuyasha's mother, "Mother!!" Inuyasha rushed forward, managing to block the hand but the demon's hand pierced through his back. "Inuyasha!!" Kagome and I shouted out of absolute horror. Inuyasha's mother gasps in horror and holds out a white glowing orb in her hand, which enlarges and engulfs Inuyasha, Kagome, me, and her.

When I woke up, I could smell that we were somewhere else. I looked around as my ears twitched, noticing we were in some kind of garden. Kagome was still unconscious which worried me, I managed to sit up easily and became cautious. I didn't see Inuyasha but once I looked past the bush, I spotted him with his mother. I didn't think much of it until Kagome woke up so I figured that they should be left alone. But for some reason, Kagome didn't say anything. Her facial expression showed that she was worried because she couldn't move, "Kagome, what's the matter? Why can't you move?" She looked over at me, the look in her eyes told me that she was worried about something other than her. She looked back over at Inuyasha and his mother, as they were embracing each other and then I noticed the pond they sat next to. My eyes widened as I saw their reflection in the water, Inuyasha's mother had no face. I suddenly got a really bad feeling in my chest about this.