Why?

Third Persons POV

She chewed her lip, pacing around her bedroom. It's been so long since she's had an anxiety attack. A loud buzz echoed through the room. She'd gotten a text from Alex. 'Goodnight beautiful😊❤️' it said. This made her happy, for known reasons. She texted back, also telling him goodnight, but resumed pacing. There was one question bouncing around. Why him? Why now? Why?

Even a simple goodnight from Jessi made him ecstatic. Jack thought his little 'crush' was a little sad, but he'd teased him about it on the way back to the bus, so it couldn't be that bad. But right now, he had this weird feeling that something wasn't right with Jessi. Great, now he could feel a panic attack coming on. He breathed deeply a few times. Fuck it. He grabbed his phone. 'You okay Jess?' He sent. He got a text not long after. 'Not really. I'm having an anxiety attack, but they happen fairly regularly, so I'll be fine.' He had a feeling she was lying, but he didn't push further. He fell asleep not long after, just thinking about her...

Jessi's POV

Sleep is overrated anyway. Alex knew something was up somehow. I'd lied to him and said my anxiety attacks happen regularly. So now he probably thinks I'm a basket case... Ah well. Stress and grief does that to a person. What? You try losing the person you love the most. I yawned. I need sleep. I checked my phone. It 3:00 in the morning... I shrugged and walked to my closet. I grabbed a pair of plain black pyjama pants and a large shirt. I pulled my hair up in a messy bun and climbed into bed. I curled up in a ball, and fell asleep almost immediately.
-Time Skip-1:00pm-
I got up and yawned. I checked my phone. 1:00 on the dot. And a text from Alex. I opened the text.

Alex 😬: Morning love. 😄

I checked the time he texted me. 9:00. Crazy fucker texting me that early... I texted him back.

Me: Morning fucker ❤️

I giggled. I pulled on my slippers and went downstairs for breakfast. Aaliyah looked up. "Morning, skank." She said. I flipped her off and started making pancakes. Fuck. I have work today. I have to see Mahlia today. I have to put up with her annoying voice, and her stupid face. I start my shift at... 2:00. Shit. I finished my pancakes quickly, and ran upstairs. I put on my work outfit, a black shirt and black skinny jeans. I threw on my black Vans and decided to leave my hair in its bun. I threw on a random hoodie and ran outside, telling Aaliyah I was going to work. Ugh. I don't finish until like, eight. I got on my bike and pedalled hard to get to the restaurant in time. I got there a 1:30. Ugh, too early. I chained my bike on the outside bike rack, and walked to the Starbucks across the street. I ordered my usual, and just killed time at Starbucks. At 1:50, I walked back across the street and entered my chaos of a restaurant. I hung my hoodie up and clocked in. I can't believe I work in a restaurant I run. Meh. I get a text.

Alex 😬: Harsh!

Me: I have to work, Alex.

Alex 😬: What time do you get off?

Me: Eight, why?

Alex 😬: See you then, love.

I sighed and turned my phone off. "Jeeesssi!" I heard Mahlia screech. I sighed. This is gonna be a long day.
-Time skip-8:00-
I sighed with relief as I clocked off. I grabbed my hoodie off the rack, slipped it on and zipped it up. I walked outside and walked up to my bike, but spotted Alex standing out the front of my restaurant, in my view. I smiled and waved at him. He must be able to see me, because he waved back and ran over. He skidded- literally- to a stop in front of me. He looked at my bike. "You ride a bike to work?" He asked. I nodded, and looked up at him. "Yes, Alex. Because unlike you, I do not own a car." I said. Alex laughed, making me burst into a fit of giggles as well. "Why were you here?" I asked. Alex put a hand on his chest. "You make me feel unwanted. I came to see if you wanted to hang out, since Jack ditched me." He said. I pat him on the head. "Trust me, both my little sisters would have ditched me for their boyfriends tonight." I said, rolling my eyes. Alex cocked an eyebrow. "What about your girlfriend?" He said. I laughed and looked up at him. "What about her?" I said bitterly. He looked down at me. "How can your girlfriend ditch you like that?! You're one of the most attractive people I know." He said casually. I felt my face heat up. "Thanks man." I muttered. He saluted and grinned. I unchained my bike and started walking to his car with him, pushing it along. He pulled his phone out and looked at it. A look of anger crossed his face. He typed a little furiously. "Alex?" I said cautiously. He looked up at me. "What?" He snapped. I looked away. "Sorry." I muttered. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "No, I'm sorry. My ex is bothering me." He admitted. "Now what were you gonna say?" I looked back up at him. "I was going to ask if you were okay, but you answered my question." I said. He laughed. We'd gotten back to his car, so I stopped. "If you wanna hang out, then I'll dump my bike home and you come and get me, m'kay?" I said. He nodded. "I'll follow you home!" He said, getting into his car. I giggled. "Creep!" I yelled. I just heard a laugh. I pedalled home, and I could hear Alex following behind me. Who else would sing Blink-182 at the top of their lungs in public? In the singers accent. We eventually got to my house, and I got a text.