Chapter 35

By the time Friday rolled around, Luke was buzzing with excited energy at the prospect of spending the weekend with Ashton. Luke was well aware that they were still in the honeymoon phase of their relationship, but even still, he was a bit embarrassed by how much he missed Ashton, especially since it had only been two days since he last saw him.

So when Luke snuck a peek at his phone during his digital media discussion, he found himself unable to control his smile.

From: Ashton

(Fri. 3:13pm)

Just got off of work pretty boy...

Managed to scoop some of cherry

those croissants you love so much.

Meet me at my place after class?:*

The clearing of a throat broke Luke from staring down at his phone lying in his lap. He looked up and the goofy grin on his face immediately vanished as his eyes met the deep blue eyes of none other than his TA and old flame, Jason.

"Luke, stay after class for a minute, yeah?"

Luke had to try his hardest to avoid rolling his eyes, and instead bit the inside of his cheek as he nodded. The bell rang a couple of minutes later, and Luke took his time packing up his papers as the people around him slowly left the room.

"So... How've you been?"

It was the most awkward interaction Luke had ever been a part of and he wanted to cringe.

"Um, I've been fine, yeah, the class is going fine...uh, how have you been?" Luke shoved his hands in his pockets as Jason moved in closer, letting his hand rest on the table next to Luke. He didn't know how to do this, how to act friendly with past flings.

"I've been better," Jason shrugged before smiling softly up at Luke. "Sorry about everything the last time we saw each other, I guess I was being a little ridiculous with the whole dating thing... I just really like you, Luke," The back of Jason's fingers ran across Luke's jaw and Luke moved away as subtly as he could.

"Yeah, I uh," Luke shuffled away from Jason and began trying to busy himself with his bag. "It's all good man, I get it." If there was an award for the most awkward conversationalist ever, Luke would most definitely win.

Jason laughed, stepping back and crossing his arms over his chest as he looked on at Luke in amusement. " 'Man'? Really? Why are you acting like I haven't had your dick in my mouth before?"

Luke scoffed, averting his gaze as Jason teasingly ran his hand up and down Luke's arm.

"I've missed you lately," Jason sighed, and Luke internally groaned. The last thing he wanted was to have this sort of confrontation when he should be on his way to Ashton's apartment. "you know, my car is parked right outback... We could just..." Jason trailed off as he pressed himself into Luke's side, and this time Luke couldn't help but visibly flinch.

"Okay, seriously, what's up with you? Usually, you'd have your hands down my pants by now?"

Luke could tell Jason was trying to keep his tone light, but his eyes gave away the hurt he was feeling. The blonde wasn't sure if Ashton had rubbed off on him or what, but for the first time, he actually felt bad about having to reject the other boy.

Luke sighed, before turning towards Jason. "I, well, actually, you see..." The image of a smiling Ashton, dimples deep, and hazel eyes shining bright is what made the words slip out with relative ease.

"I, um, I met someone."

Jason's reaction was immediate, almost as if the skin on Luke's shoulder burned the tips of his fingers.