Chapter 18

"So, how was baby-sitting?" Luke rolled his eyes as he shoveled more Cinnamon Toast Crunch into his mouth and flipped Crystal the finger.

"Oh c'mon, Lukey, it couldn't have been that bad!" Michael laughed as he used Daisy's nickname for Luke, earning the red haired boy a firm shove into the sofa.

"Fuck you, I can't believe you left me with the goddamn kid!" Luke slurped up the last of the cinnamon flavored milk in his bowl and threw his feet up on the coffee table.

"Stop pretending like you didn't have a good time Luke, Ashton called to thank me again this morning and he said Daisy had a great time with you, apparently she hasn't stopped talking about her Mommy Lukey all morning."

"Shit, she called me that?"

"Yeah, she did." Michael was laughing hard at the thought of a kid actually enjoying Luke's company. Most adults didn't even do that.

"Oh god," Luke groaned as he leaned his head down to rest in his hands. "What the hell am I supposed to do about this shit?" Luke looked over to Michael who just shrugged.

"What the fuck are you talking about? The kid likes you, isn't that a good thing?"

"And why the hell would that be a good thing?"

"Maybe because Ashton will never date anyone that doesn't get along with Daisy?" Crystal made it sound like some obvious fact that Luke should have already known.

Luke rolled his eyes as he picked up his bowl and made his way into the kitchen. He was going to need another bowl of cereal before dealing with Crystal's bullshit. As soon as Luke was sat back on the couch with a full bowl of cinnamon cereal in his lap, he turned to face Michael's girlfriend.

"Crystal, my poor stupid little flower," The sarcasm was heavy in Luke's voice as he sighed in pity, and Crystal rolled her eyes as Michael tried to stifle his laugh. "How many times do I have to explain this to you. I don't date." Luke began chewing another mouthful of cereal as Crystal looked at him, a frown of confusion clear on her face.

"But Ashton told me you asked him out?" Luke smirked. If Ashton was talking to Crystal about him, that meant Ashton must have been thinking about him and the conversation they had. Sure, Luke had been left feeling a bit shocked after Ashton's abrupt mic drop and departure the day prior, but he'd quickly picked his jaw up off of the floor. After all, Ashton wasn't anything more than a really, really good fuck. Luke wasn't about to let what Ashton said really get to him, even if he did think about the older man more lately than he cared to admit

"Yeah, I did, and?" This only seemed to confuse Crystal more.

"Why would you ask him out if you didn't want to date him?" Luke rolled his eyes.

"I didn't ask him on a date, I asked him for a night. Two very different things, my dear." Crystal scoffed before slapping Luke upside the head as she made her way into the kitchen.

"You're a pig, has anyone ever told you that?"

"I don't know what you expected from me, I already told you I don't date."

"C'mon, Lu, even you have to admit it'd be nice to get some ass regularly instead of chasing it down every weekend." Michael shrugged as he pulled out his phone and began scrolling through.

"But the thrill of the chase is what really gets me going." Luke winked and blew a kiss towards his friend who pretended to swoon and catch it.

"Trust me, once you're getting your cock sucked regularly without having to ask you'll realize how much of an idiot you're being about this whole not dating thing." Crystal slapped Michael as she made her way back into the room. But now that Luke thought about it, Michael had a point. It would be nice to have a guaranteed outlet for his pent up sexual frustration.