Chapter 11

"Wait, so you're telling me that hot blonde from the bar is friends with Crystal? Dude, you have an in!" Calum cheered as Ashton continued to rinse the dishes, rolling his eyes as he listened to his friend talk his ear off. The kids were playing quietly in Daisy's room after dinner, and that left Calum and Ashton time to talk before Ashton had to begin getting ready for work.

"You should have seen the way he reacted when Daisy hugged him, it was like he was trying to remove a leech from his body! God, it was literally so awkward, and then if it wasn't uncomfortable enough already, Crystal and her boyfriend had to try and play match maker and leave me alone with him! I actually wanted to bash my face in with the pineapple I was holding." Ashton groaned as he leaned back against the counter.

"Oh c'mon, like you don't want to be left alone with him." Calum wiggled his eyebrows suggestively making Ashton scoff.

"I don't know, I mean, yes he's hot and I can't stop thinking about that night we spent together, but he's not a kid person and honestly? Seems like a total douche when he's not naked." Ashton shrugged as he wiped his hands off on the dish towel. "Major turn off."

"Oh please, nothing that man does is a turn off! I'm pretty sure he could piss in a cup and drink it and you'd still be willing to fuck him into oblivion!" Ashton hit Calum with the dish rag and shushed him, reminding him that the children were just down the hall.

"Okay, okay, he's hot, alright? But he still seems like a bit of a jackass." He shrugged as he leaned against the corner, checking his watch before sighing. He had to be to work in 45 minutes.

"I gotta get ready for work." Ashton led Calum back to his bedroom before he shut the door and began changing.

"Why do you have to work tonight anyways? I thought you had weekends off?" Calum made himself comfortable on Ashton's bed before pulling out his phone.

"I am, but Rory called in sick yesterday and we have this huge event tonight, apparently some big wig CEOs birthday? I don't know, but I could really use the extra money, anyways." Ashton walked out of his ensuite dressed for work before he ran some mousse through his hair and chanced a glance over to his bed where Calum laid staring at his phone, a smirk tugging on the corners of his lips. "What are you looking at?"

"Hmm?" Calum feigned a glance in Ashton's direction before his eyes fell back to his phone. "Oh, yeah, Mallory just sent me a picture of her boobs." Ashton laughed as he shook his head.

"Jesus, Calum, what are you, sixteen?" Calum shrugged, a goofy grin spreading across his face before shrugging.

"You're just jealous because I have a girlfriend willing to send me tit pics from the bathroom of a restaurant and you don't have anyone in your dms asking for nudes." Ashton just rolled his eyes before making his way out of his room with Calum hot on his tail.

"Seriously, Ash, so your first one night stand in a billion years didn't work out, that doesn't mean you should step back out of the dating game!"

"Cal, I was never in the dating game to begin with. How you ever convinced me to have a one night stand in the first place is beyond me." Ashton was so sick of this conversation, but he needed to get it through Calum's head. He didn't need anyone else in his life to be happy. He had Daisy, and she's the only one he'd ever need.

"It was the tequila. Definitely the tequila." Ashton felt like all he did around Calum was roll his eyes.

"Whatever. Either way, it shouldn't have happened." Calum groaned, throwing himself down on the couch and planting his feet up on Ashton's freshly cleaned coffee table.

"Oh please, admit it, you needed a night to let loose." Ashton moved Calum's legs off of his table before taking a seat next to him on the couch.

"Ok, did it feel good to have someone get me off other than my own hand? Definitely. But I can't act like that's okay regular behavior for me, Cal. I have a child, and Peach would kick my ass if she knew I was passing her off just so I could fuck some guy I just met." Calum sighed, turning his body to face Ashton and Ashton could tell by the warm brown tones in Calum's irises that he was being sincere.