Chapter 1: Kitten on the Porch

(So basically, You're a cat.)

(Have fun!)

Steven just made a friend! He was so happy! She was cool, pretty, smart. Everything! But now it was time for Steven to go to sleep. He was about to lay down when he heard a small noise come from outside the door.

"what was that?"  He shuffled down the stairs to see what was going on.

He opened the door, to see nothing.

"Hello?"

"mew" 

Steven looked down to see a small, grey and white, kitten, with big blue eyes.

"Awe, you're alone aren't you!"

You nod, he doesn't seem to realize that that's not a cat thing.

Steven caries you inside, placing an extra blanket on the ground before  putting you in it along with a little lion plush. 

"Oh the irony" You think to yourself.

"I'm Steven! And I'll call you... KAT! With a K! So it's different!" You groan softly at the stupid name, but choose not to argue. After all, you have to protect Steven, not upset him.

Steven looks at his bedside clock. "It's getting late, we'll get you food and other cat stuff tomorrow, ok?"

You nod again before yawning and closing your eyes. You have a long, few years ahead of you.

________________________________________

The light shines in through the window, it seems blinding at first but your eyes adjust to the brightness eventually. 

Steven is still asleep, you look at the clock to see that it's already 9:30 am.

You jump onto the bead and lick Steven's ear gently, not to hurt him with your rough tong. 

"It's time to wake up Steven. You promised to go to the pet store for me today."

You're aware that joking around like this is mean, but you remember that you're a cat. 

"Mhnn immup imup" Steven mumbles groggily as he opens his eyes. 

"Oh! Morning Kat! Are you hungry? You should be! Who knows the last time you ate!"

It was yesterday morning.

"You look starved!" Steven picks you up and starts walking downstairs.

I'm not- ah whatever, food is food.

You sigh in defeat as you and Steven approach the gems at the island, there was a stack of pancakes with fruit and bacon on the side. The smell of bacon makes you lick your lips.

"Whats that Steven?" Pearl asked. Hoo boy here we go.

"It's a cat Steven found last night. And yes we're keeping them, they become a great ally later." Garnet smiled and scooped you out of Steven's arms (No-) and looks at you in the eyes.

"Isn't that right Kat?" She begins petting you, It feels so nice that you start purring. 

Never mind I love you now, now gimme bacon-

"Garnet!! I was going to tell them that!!!" Steven pouted

"Do you still want your breakfast Steven?" Pearl calmly asked.

"YES! And some bacon for Kat! We need the energy so we can go out and buy cat stuff!"

Garnet starts feeding you bacon, this is probably the best feeling you've ever had! You feel like a KING!

"Yo, is that cat going to explode or something? It's humming a lot rn." Amethyst  stared at you before inhaling another pancake. Pearl stiffened.

"No! Cats don't explode! They purr because they're happy! See?" Steven points at you. "Happy!"

"It's better than being outside in the cold." Garnet fed you one last piece of bacon before standing up. "I'll join Steven in his search for things for Kat. Do you two wish to join?"

"Of course dude! We'll join you!" Amethyst didn't even give Pearl a chance to protest before getting up.

"Wait!" Steven rushed upstairs and grabbed his signature cheeseburger backpack. "Let's put Kat in here!"

"That's not a good idea Steven, it's small and dark, why don't you just carry them?" Garnet gave you over to Steven.

"Ok you're right Garnet, I'm still going to use it to carry all the cool things we're going to get you!"

Steven and the gems walked onto the beach towards Beach City, And you knew that this adventure, was just getting started.

(Note: Thank you all for your patience! I know I've been gone forever and i know that you're upset that I'm not continuing my Eddsworld stuff, so i hope that this story will make up for it! I hope you enjoy!)