Chapter 53- Kenobi

Thanks for 50k everyone! I forgot to release the extra chapter so here it is!

"What are you doing here?"

You and "Ben" spoke at the exact same time, with the exact same words.
Luke looked from you to Ben over and over again as if trying to figure everything out.
"You know Ben?" Luke asked you.
"Yeah I know Ben," you said crossing your arms. "Long time no see."

"Hi (y/n)," Ben/Obi-Wan said. "You've grown so much since I last saw you."
"So have you," you said. "Grown more old, I mean."
"Thanks for that," Obi-Wan said. "Luke, may I please speak to (y/n) for a moment, in private?"
"Yeah, sure," Luke said obviously confused.
"Come with me outside," Obi-Wan said to you.

You nodded and grabbed your helmet before following him outside.
He was standing next to a creature that he must have used to get to the Lars house.
"So, you're Ben now?" You asked him as you walked over.
"It's just a cover name," Obi-Wan said. "We are fugitives."
"At least you're hiding on some backwater planet," you said. "I've spent the last few months fighting the Empire."
"You joined the Rebellion?" Obi-Wan asked.
"Yeah, me, Rex, and Ahsoka," you choked out her name as fast as you could.
"Ahsoka?" Obi-Wan asked. "How is she?"

You looked down and shook your head. How could you tell Obi-Wan that Ahsoka didn't make it. He was always like her second Master.
"She's dead, Obi-Wan," you said softly. "We went to Malachor to find out how to defeat the Sith, and Vader came."
"Darth Vader?" Obi-Wan asked, you could see the shock and sadness in his eyes. He probably knew about Anakin.

"Yeah, she fought Vader to get us to safety, but it cost her life," you said. "It was him, Obi-Wan."
"Yes, I know," Obi-Wan said sadly. "It's Anakin."
You stared at your old Master and saw the sadness in his eyes. Him and Anakin were brothers, they fought together, they spent half their lives together.

You knew that it would be good to change the subject, so you moved on to the obvious question.
"What are you doing here?" You asked. "Like, on Tatooine, with this family."
"I'm watching over our dear friend Luke," Obi-Wan answered.
"Why?" You asked. "He's just a kid on Tatooine."
"No, (y/n)," Obi-Wan said. "You must promise to not tell anyone what I'm about to tell you."
"Of course, Master," you said. "I won't tell a soul."

"Very well," Obi-Wan said, then he lowered his voice to barely above a whisper. "In that house with his Aunt and Uncle is a very special boy."
"What, you mean he's force sensitive?" You guessed.
"It's much more than that," Obi-Wan said. "That boy in there is Luke Skywalker, Anakin's son."
"What?" You asked confused. "Does he know about, everything?"
"No," your Master shook his head. "And he will not be informed about the Jedi, or Vader, he is not ready."

"What do you mean?" You asked. "So you've been lying to him about who you are, you won't tell him about what he could become, and you're not going to tell him about his father who, might I add, is an evil Sith Lord robot-man?"
"If that boy knew," Obi-Wan said. "What do you think he'd do? He could be the Chosen One, but he's not old enough yet. How would you feel if your father was a killer?"

You looked at Obi-Wan and shook your head. He didn't understand what he just said, what your father did to you and your family. Sure you and him talked about it in the Jedi Temple on Lothal, but he did bad things when you were younger.

"My father killed my mother in front of my eyes, he tried to kill me and nearly succeeded several times," you started. "I was eight, this kid is fifteen, look at how I turned out, what could go wrong?"
"I'm sorry, (y/n)," Obi-Wan said, realizing what he said. "Your father was a bad man, but Anakin is a Sith Lord, we can't let another Skywalker lose their way."

You nodded.
"I understand Obi-Wan," You said. "I won't say anything about who I am to them, I already told them that my last name is (l/n)."
"You were taught well, my young Padawan," he smiled at you.
"Well I did have the best teacher," you said smiling. "And I'm not so young anymore."
"That is true," your Master nodded. "Perhaps it is that time."
"What do you mean?" You asked.

"Kneel," Obi-Wan commanded.
"Yes Master," you said confused.
You looked at the ground wondering what your Master had planned, when you heard the sound of a lightsaber. You closed your eyes waiting to see what would happen next when you heard Obi-Wan's voice.
"By the right of the force, by the will of the Council," he said hovering his lightsaber over both of your shoulders and then your head before he removed it.
"(Y/n) Vizsla rise."

You stood up and faced your Master, your face full of confusion.
"Master?"
"You don't have to call me that anymore," he said.
"What do you mean?"
"You are now a Knight of the Jedi Order," Obi-Wan said. "Congratulations, (y/n)."
"I, I don't understand," you said. "I never took my trials."
"You survived Order 66," Obi-Wan said. "I think that's good enough as a trial."
"Thank you, Obi-Wan," you said.
"You're welcome," he smiled. "Now let's go back inside and join our little friend."

You followed him inside, still in shock about what happened. You had to keep it to yourself though, so Owen, Beru, and Luke wouldn't suspect anything.
"That took a while," Luke said when he saw you walk in.
"We had some catching up to do," Obi-Wan said.
"Yeah Ob—Ben and I haven't seen each other for years," you said cursing at yourself for almost slipping up.
Obi-Wan gave you a look.
"How do you two know each other anyway?" Luke asked.

You looked at Obi-Wan and gave him a look that said I got this.
"Ben and I grew up on the same planet," you said. "He taught me everything I know."
"Smooth," Obi-Wan whispered quietly.
"Ben, were you a bounty hunter too?" Luke asked.
Obi-Wan gave you a confused look before going with it.
"No, I was not," he said. "But I did teach (y/n)."

Luke probably had more questions for you and
Obi-Wan than the amount clones that served in the Clone War, but Beru walked in and looked at her nephew.
"Luke, I think it is time to say goodbye to Ben," she said.
"Okay," Luke said. "Bye Ben."
"Goodbye Luke," Obi-Wan waved and turned around to leave.
"Wait, uh, Ben!" You said running up to him.
"(Y/n), what is it?" He asked. 
"Can I stay with you?" You asked.

Obi-Wan smiled.
"I would very much like that," he said. "You better tell Owen and Beru though, I will be waiting outside."
Obi-Wan turned and left the small house as you turned back around and walked to where Owen had joined Beru and Luke.
"Mr. Lars," you said. "I'm very grateful for your help today and I will never forget, but if I have to be honest with you, I should probably leave and stay with Ben."

Owen nodded.
"I understand (y/n)," he said. "Thank you for keeping Luke company."
"No problem," you smiled. "And thanks again."
"You are very welcome, Commander Vizsla," Owen smirked and you did a double take.
"How did you?" You asked.
"I know all about you and your Master, Obi-Wan," he told you. "Now get going."
You nodded and gave him one last smile.

Luke walked up to you and handed you, your helmet.
"Thanks for telling me a story," he said.
"No problem, kid," you said to him, taking the helmet.
"I believe your bag is over there," Owen pointed to the corner of the room where your bag lay.
You grabbed it and shouldered it before facing the family again.
"Thank you for everything, again," you said.
"Glad we could help," Owen nodded.

You walked outside and approached your old Master. You smiled and looked at him with excitement in your eyes.
"So, where are we going?"