Chapter 49- Menace

You stood there in shock, your lightsaber wasn't even raised to protect you, it shone in your limp arm as you looked at Maul with fear. Ahsoka pulled you behind her and planted herself in front of you to protect you from the Inquisitor.

"So, the rumors are true," Barriss said. "Darth Maul lives."
"Formerly Darth," Maul said, his voice making you feel cold everywhere. "Now just Maul."
"Ezra, step away from him!" Kanan warned.
"Kanan, I swear he's on our side!" Ezra said.
"Perhaps my actions will speak louder than my words," Maul said taking out his lightsaber and igniting it.

Maul jumped forward and began to fight the Inquisitors, pushing them back with his lightsaber.
"What are we waiting for?" Ezra asked raising his lightsaber.
Ahsoka and Kanan raised their blades as you stood there still in shock.
"(Y/n)," Ahsoka said. "Are you okay?"
You looked at her, feeling everything but okay, still you nodded and raised your lightsaber.

Maul got locked in with Barriss as she spoke.
"Why would you come here?" She asked Maul.
"He knows of the artifact!" the male Inquisitor said running at Maul.
Kanan met him halfway with his lightsaber and they pushed against each other.
Ahsoka clashed with the other Inquisitor and you stood behind her, carefully avoiding Maul.
"The holocron, do you have it?" The Inquisitor asked Ahsoka.
"You will find out soon enough," Maul said.
"Fall back," Barriss said pulling away from Maul and flying away, followed by the other two.

You watched them fly away as Ahsoka approached Maul. You stood next to her and tried to look calm, but nothing could stop you from shaking.
"Maul, what game are you playing?" Ahsoka asked.
"The end game, Lady Tano," Maul said looking at her. "The end game."

You raised your lightsaber a little, but Ahsoka shot you a look that made you lower it.
"I am the enemy of your enemy now," Maul said. "And I have my own reasons for wanting the Empire to fall.  But we have little time, the one they call Vader will be here soon."

When Maul mentioned Vader, you noticed Ahsoka tense up and you could feel a small amount of sadness in her. You still hadn't forgotten the conversation you had about Anakin being Vader.

"How do you know this?" Kanan asked.
"His dogs will tell him where we are," Maul answered. "Three Jedi and a 'part timer'."

That was the last straw for you. This man could do anything to you, but he wasn't going to insult your girlfriend.  You felt the anger rise up in you, and for the first time, you welcomed it.

You raised your lightsaber and held it to his face in a blink of light.
"(Y/n) stop!" Ezra said. "He's on our side!"
"Shut up Ezra!" You growled, pushing Maul to his knees. "He clearly wasn't on our side when he killed my father, or when he took over my home!"
"Hello (y/n) Vizsla, you look well," Maul said. "I can't believe you're still going on about that, can't we just move on?"
"I'll move on when you're dead!" You growled punching him in the face.
"You do have your father's spirit," Maul said calmly. "Too bad it was gone after I chopped off his head."
"You're going to die!" You said bringing your lightsaber above his head.

"(Y/n)!" A voice said as someone used the force to grab your lightsaber out of your hand.
You turned around shooting a menacing look at the girl in front of you.
"Stop," she said looking at you with shock.
"No, let the young Jedi continue," Maul said. "Use your anger, kill me!"
"Piece of dirt," you muttered kicking him in the ribs. "I don't need a lightsaber to kill you!"

You used the force to lift him up and began to choke Maul.
"(Y/n), please stop," the girl begged, but you didn't.
"Why are (y/n)'s eyes turning yellow?" Ezra asked worried.
"No!" The girl said as you used the force to call your lightsaber back to you.
You swung with all your might, the anger swirling through your veins, but a pure white lightsaber stopped you.