Chapter 34-Not 100% Sleemo

You sat in a tree, watching the soldiers while you thought to yourself.  You could tell everyone about you and Ahsoka, because there was no Jedi Order anymore, it wouldn't be illegal. Something held you back though, the thought of Lux knowing could give him an advantage of getting inside your head.

You could tell Kaiden, but you weren't sure of how the ex-Sith would react. And, you didn't want to hurt Ahsoka's memory by exposing your relationship. You'd keep it to yourself, for now.

Someone walked up to the tree and knocked on the trunk.
"Go away Kaiden, I'm not going to answer your questions about why I hate Lux Bonteri," you called down.
"I'm glad we feel the same way about each other," Lux's voice gave you chills.
"What do you want?" You asked.
"Can I come up?" He asked.
"If you want," you muttered. "Maybe you'll fall and hit your head."
"Thanks, I appreciate it," Lux said climbing up.

You gave him a look of disappointment when he came up with no trouble and sat next to you on a branch.
"That was uneventful," you muttered.
"Look, I didn't climb up here to argue," Lux said. "Saw told me about the clones, I heard you lost your friend."
"Look Lux," you said. "I didn't lose one friend, I lost them all.  You wanted to know what happened to the 'love of your life', well I don't know what happened.  For all I know, Rex could have killed her!"

Lux stayed silent before he looked at you.
"I have to go," he said preparing to jump down. "Bye (y/n)."
Lux jumped down and walked away leaving you in the tree, wishing you could forget it all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you finally jumped down from the tree, you saw Kaiden talking to Saw and Lux. When you walked up to them, Kaiden glanced at you, probably to make sure you were okay.

"Hello Commander," Saw said. "I hear you've been hiding out in trees all morning?"
"Sorry Saw," you said. "I needed some time, alone."
"As long as you're here now," Saw said. "We need to know how long you and your brother will stay."
"Oh," you looked at Kaiden. "We don't know, can we discuss it in private?"
"Sure (y/n)," Saw said lead Lux over to a different location.

You looked at Kaiden.
"How long do we plan to stay here?" You asked.
"I don't know," Kaiden said. "What do you think?"
"Maybe we should leave soon," you admitted. "I don't think I can take being around Lux anymore."
"You still haven't explained everything to me," Kaiden pointed out.
"Not here," you said. "Let's go tell Saw."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Kaiden smiled as the soldiers helped load supplies onto your ship. Many of them were soldiers that you remembered training a long time ago.

You thanked them and they nodded.
"Anytime, Commander," one said.
You saluted them, and they copied you, until a new soldier walked up to the front of the group.

"Excuse me, but why do we call you Commander?" He asked and many of the soldiers shot him looks of disapproval.
"It's fine guys," you said and looked at the soldier. "What's your name rookie?"
"Jass," he said.
"How old are you?" You asked.
"Fourteen, my parents were killed before the war ended, I've only been here two weeks," he said.

You smiled to yourself and pat the kid on the shoulder. You remembered when you first joined the war and became a padawan.
"I was your age when I joined the war," you said. "I trained these guys into the soldiers they are today, that's why they call me Commander."
"Oh," he looked down.
"But, between you and me, I'm no longer a Commander," you smiled. "Now they do it out of respect."
"Thank you sir," the kid saluted you.
"You'll be a good soldier kid," you smiled and looked over at Saw and Lux as they walked over to you.

"Lecturing the rookies, I see," Saw smiled.
"Hey, he asked me a question," you smiled back.
"Hope I'll see you again Vizsla," Saw shook your hand.
"Yeah," you said. "I'll see you again."

Kaiden said goodbye to Saw and Lux before he walked up the ramp and onto the ship. You turned to Lux and you both stared at each other awkwardly.
"See you, Bonteri," you finally said.
"Yeah, see you, Vizsla," Lux said. "And, I'm sorry, about everything, I guess."

"Don't apologize," you smirked. "It will make it less fun for me when I punch you in the face again.
Lux chuckled and you both shook hands.
"I still don't forgive you for kissing Ahsoka, but at least your not 100% sleemo," you said. "I'll bump the number down to 98%."

Lux laughed a little before you waved goodbye to him and Saw. You shot a small smirk at Jass who waved goodbye, before you walked up the ramp and onto the ship. Kaiden closed the ramp and was already flying away from Onderon when you walked up to the cockpit.