Chapter 15: Tris and Four - Abnegation Love

Chapter 15: It was difficult jumping onto the train the first time. It was moving so fast that i almost missed it. Thankfully, Tobias was with me to help me through it. He jumped onto the train effortlessly. It almost seemed as if he was familiar with jumping on and off the trains. Though, it would be impossible... he is not Dauntless, he is Abnegation.

The wind is wipping my hair back and forth as I dangle my feet on the edge of the train. I'm not sure of the sensation I am feeling at this very moment. As the wind brushes in between my toes and flings my hair in every direction, I feel alive.

"Beatrice," Tobias calls. He's been sitting in the same corner of the train since we arrived.

"Yes Tobias," I respond.

"Aren't you wondering where we are heading? Aren't you curious at all?" he asks me. It is true, I am curious and my curiosity usually is what got me in trouble when I was in Abnegation. Now, I supposed I am free to speak my mind and ask questions without permission.

"Fine. My results did give me Abnegation, Erudite, and Dauntless...I suppose I should be curious. It's just that, my whole life, my parents had engrained in my mind that curiosity was a sin." I explain. But of course Tobias already knows this because he is Abnegation as well.

"The Dauntless Compound," he mutters. The wind is so loud that I can barely understand what he is saying.

"Excuse me?" I ask.

"I said, the Dauntless Compound is where we are going," he repeats. The Dauntless Compound? They will never let me go through their doors and onto their propety. I am only a stiff. "We'll have to change your clothes so you seem as though you fit in. We will have to pretend to be Dauntless initates until I figure out a more efficent plan."

I sigh heavily and wonder if this was such a smart idea...breaking the rules is a sin in every faction. I don't want to cause any trouble with anyone, especially the Dauntless. The Dauntless are people who look for fights and aren't afraid to pound on a poor Abnegation girl who has lost her ways in this crazed world.

"Are you nervous?" Tobias asks me.

"No," I lie.

"Great, we are jumping off now," he tells me.

No, I think. I am not ready and I am most certainly nervous. I cannot do this. Right now, the person I wish who was at my side is Caleb. I can't help but wonder if he misses me. Or if he thinks of me as the enemy now.

"Okay," my voice cracks a little and I attempt to cover it with a fake cough. Tobias catches on and lets out a laugh.

"Trust me, jumping off of the train is a lot easier than when we tryed to jump onto the train.Just take my hand and you will be fine," Tobias reassures me.

I nod my head and grab onto his hand tightly. As I edge my way onto the edge of the train the wind becomes even more rapid and i have to clench my teeth and squint my eyes to see the pathway where I am supposed to jump.

"Look! Straight ahead," Tobias gestures toward the left and I move my head into the direction he is pointing to. The Dauntless Compound looks brutal.With it's barbed fences and gothic style black bricks. I wonder why anyone would transfer to Dauntless.

"Ready?" Tobias asks.

This time I confidently say, "Yes." I squeeze his hand harder and jump.

The jump seems efforless until the ground comes from underneath me and i land on my side. I'm sure I'll have a nice bruise...maybe it'll make me look a bit more Dauntless and a lot less Abnegation.

:"You did it!" Tobias exclaims as he pulls my head towards his and he kisses my lips. The feel of another human beings presence wrapped in my arms and clinging to my lips makes me feel complete.

"Stay where you are," A voice yells and a flashlight is shined into both of our faces. I can't make out the womans face, but she was wearing all black. It's the Dauntless leaders and they have come for us.