Chapter 7

Since Castiel was afraid to meet John Winchester again, he often came by at Bobby's garage, where he just sat down, looked how Dean fixed cars, and talked about everything. Dean didn't mind it, he liked hearing Castiel talk. Bobby didn't mind having Castiel around either, Dean was happier when Castiel was around. Bobby had practically become a second father to the boys, helping Sam with his homework and teaching Dean some more about cars.

Both Sam and Dean were happy with Bobby. He was nice and caring like any other dad would be. Bobby had once invited them for dinner on Saturday, and that was one of the best dinners they've ever had. Bobby, Castiel, Dean and Sam sat at the table, eating the food Bobby had made with some help of Dean, chatting and having a good time. Bobby knew about their mom and dad, so he avoided those subjects.

During the time Dean worked, Castiel and Bobby talked a lot. Even though Bobby couldn't just tell Castiel why Dean acted the way he did, Castiel came to know a lot more than he would ever think. He trusted Bobby enough to talk to him about what his mother had said.

There will be someone for you.

He didn't know what to do. Of course, he did like Dean, but did he really want to ruin their friendship by telling him his feelings? He was honored when Dean had said he never made any friends, but still befriended Castiel.

Bobby told him to just go for it, and if it went wrong, he would go talk to Dean. Castiel nodded, thanked him, and their conversation went on till Dean and Sam had to go home.

It was Saturday, a week later and Dean was working in the garage. Castiel wasn't there yet, but Dean didn't worry. It was 9am and Castiel didn't wake up before 10am, so most of the times, he would come by around 2pm.

Today was a good day, Dean felt it. He had a few cars to fix, and maybe, he could do something about the Impala, to make her better than she already was. He worked through the morning and at 1pm, he and Bobby had lunch. They talked a bit about what they were gonna do the rest of the day. None of them had any plans, so they decided to just take it easy and went on working.

It was 2.30pm when Castiel came in, greeting Bobby before walking over to Dean. "Hey Dean, do you have any plans for today?" he asked, a bit nervous.

Dean looked at him; he didn't see any reason to be nervous. He looked at Bobby, who gave Castiel a meaningful look. Castiel nodded slightly and Bobby smiled.

"Go with him, Dean, you deserve a break after all these weeks," he said. There was something going on here, but Dean didn't know what. He told Castiel he was gonna clean up a bit, and went inside the house.

"You're gonna tell him today, huh?" Bobby asked as soon as Castiel and he were alone. Castiel nodded, still nervous.

"I really don't want to, what if I ruin the whole friendship? What if he never wants to talk to me again? What if-"

But Bobby interrupted him. "There is nothing to be afraid of, boy. It will be alright, just tell him what you feel, and what he's gonna do with it, that's his choice.

"Hey, you ready?" Dean came walking towards them, he had cleaned his face and hands, but there still was a small black stripe on his forehead he hadn't cleaned. Castiel decided to ignore it, but Bobby muttered something and wiped Dean's forehead.

"That's better, now go, and I'll see you around today, I guess?" Dean nodded, and looked at Castiel.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"Just drive, I'll tell you where to go," Castiel answered.

As they sat in the car, Dean put on some music as usual and AC/DC came through the speakers.

Livin' easy

Lovin' free

Season ticket on a one way ride

Askin' nothing

Leave me be

Takin' everythin' in my stride

Dean sang along with the music, and Castiel smiled at how comfortable Dean was around him. He kept telling Dean where to go, and soon they pulled up by a lake.

"Here it is," Castiel informed and Dean pulled over, looking around. "I used to go to this place every summer, me and my family. We'd go camping and do nothing but swimming, fishing and relaxing all week." he explained.

Dean had picked up the right words. "Used to?" he asked. Castiel looked surprised, Dean wasn't usually the one to ask questions, he just accepted everything.

"Yea, my parents got divorced 5 years ago; this is the place I go to when I want to be alone." It was silent for a while as they walked to the lake. They sat down on the grass, it was too cold to swim but the sun shone, so it wasn't too bad after all.

"So..." Dean said. "Was there any reason you brought me here, or are we just gonna sit here? Because I'm fine with both."

Castiel thought about it. "I just wanted to give you some time off. I do have something to say, yes, but I'll tell you when I'm ready. For now, I just want to enjoy this." Dean hummed and closed his eyes, embracing the sun. He liked this place.

"Do you need a lot of time alone? You said you didn't get bullied but is someone bothering you? Tell me, I will make sure they don't do it again." Dean didn't hear a reply, so he opened his eyes and saw Castiel smiling.

"Thanks, but no. no one's really bothering me. I just like it here, it's calm and the view's good." Dean must admit it, the view was amazing.

They sat together in silence for another few minutes, Dean with closed eyes and Castiel was just looking over the water. It was so silent; he almost jumped when Dean suddenly began to talk.

"Thanks," Dean started, as if he didn't know how to continue. "Thanks for not befriending me once I got there, I just... I never make any friends any more, we always move and I'm so sick of saying good bye every time y'know.

So a few years ago I figured out that if I just didn't befriend anyone; I wouldn't have to say goodbye. It hurts, Cas. It hurts because Sammy keeps making friends. I know goodbyes are hard, but he needs friends, I can't be his father, his brother and his friend at the same time, I just can't."

He sighed sadly before going on. "I don't know how to do this, I'm no good with feelings, and those stupid chick-flick moments, but you've been a really good friend to me, Cas. I will never regret befriending you, I just... I want to thank you for sticking with me. It's hard to raise Sammy and keep earning money but I just wanna earn it and put it away for later. Sammy's gonna need it, he's a smart kid. He wants to study to become a lawyer and I don't want to ruin his dreams.

I have no future, I will always look after Sammy, but I need the money, I don't even know why I'm going to school every day. I guess I just need a friend once in a time, and I'm glad it's you." He finishes, and looks at Castiel, who is now deep in his thoughts, and looking at the water.

The sun shines in his face and makes his eyes reflect like the brightest blue they ever have been.

Castiel thought about what Dean just told him. It was really personal, and he's glad Dean shared it with him. But why? Why did Dean befriend him? He is someone with no other friends besides Charlie, and constantly keeps going after Dean. Hell, he even shows up at his work. He doesn't mind though, but he is still struggling with his feelings for Dean.

As he looked at Dean, sun shining on him and brightening his whole face, green eyes looking at his own, he feels his stomach tingle. As much as he doesn't want to take the risk of losing their friendship, he couldn't keep it up much longer.

"Thanks, Dean," he said as he turned to face Dean. Dean had sat up straight and locked eyes with him. "I'm really glad you felt comfortable enough to share this with me."

He decided this was the moment, and leaned forward to look Dean once more right in the eyes before closing his eyes and pressing his lips to Dean's.

(A/N thanks for reading :) i probably won't be able to update till next week because I'll be at my fathers house this week and I don't have my own computer there so yea, sorry for that. Also, don't forget to vote and comment, I really hope you're enjoying this so far, thanks ^^ )