27.

Now or never.

Love is confusing, heartbreaking and painful, but the most beautiful thing about love, it heals everything done in its name.

Xavier.

"Why are we listening to a song that I can't understand half the lyrics of?" Kole questioned as we drove toward the city, he was rather confused by my choice of music but I loved it. "Because I like the beat, the lyrics and most likely the message, it applies to your predicament in many ways." I replied smugly and he narrowed his eyes on me but I gave no indication of caving to his evil eye. "Baby when I let you crash, really wasn't in my plan, I'm a, team player—" Jude sang outloud surprising both of us, when we both turned to look at him he blushed and hid behind his tablet. What is Cornell teaching my child. "Well that's something." Kole commented making me roll my eyes. "Focus on the road cubby, Marquee will eat your heart if we even get a scratch." I warned Kole teasingly and he hissed then chuckled along with me. "Your mother in law will be hunting for you soon." The head warrior stated and I smiled widely which in itself spoke. "I'm guessing you're going to use me as an excuse." He mumbled looking at the road. "Ding ding, first prize for you." I cheered so did Jude who was half paying attention to anything around him. "I will go along with anything, if you buy me those juicy burgers, four of them, extra chips, and a two liter grape juice." He exclaimed stunning me into silence. "You just had breakfast, a full english breakfast at that." I argued and he shrugged. "I got high metabolism, I burn through my food, plus if we are going to the store, Granger will probably offer a lap dance if I offer him one of my burgers." Kole states rather longingly the last part and I realize Granger playing hard to get might be affecting the head warrior more than I thought.

"Fine, get eight instead and whatever else you're getting, I'm eating for four now along with Jude who will most likely want one too." I corrected handing my card to Kole. "Now with that out of the way, care to tell me why you and Granger haven't gotten together yet?" I demanded and he sighed heavily. "So you noticed, Granger and I are complicated, he doesn't think I can love him the same just became before him, I've been the straight guy who bangs chicks, yet all I want now is him, and that sweet ass but he won't even look at me, and every time I try talk to him he runs away, like feet in the opposite direction running away." He explains and I felt sorry for Kole, and for not realizing it sooner that Granger was longing from afar because he was afraid of getting hurt, I had to meddle, and now was a good time as any to do it. We arrive at my now large store, it was midly packed and business was good. "Good morning boss." All three employees greeted at the same time and I smiled toward all of them. "Good morning guys, Kole, please get our food, Kale can you close for an hour." I asked and they all nodded as they continued with whatever they were doing. "Dad, can I go with Kole?" Jude asks and I nod, he hands me his tablet and goes on to search through his travel bag for sun burn lotion, he hands that to me and I apply it, I knew Ronny was gawking at how my four year old son was this intelligent. "Good?" He asks with his little cherry lips pouted. "Go on." I gestured for the waiting Kole and soon they were out.

Sitting at my desk I began going through mounds of paperwork and auction invitations, those I would let Kale handle, she had a good eye for antiques. "Whoa, that's a lot of paperwork." Granger mumbled as he walked in. "Yeah, can I help you, I planned on talking to you when Kale closes up later." I reply Granger who nods and leaves the paperwork he had for me, his silence meant he was anxious and nervous, but there wasn't a reason to be, but he was Granger, he would worry. Mounds of paper work later, twenty calls and so many signed papers, I was finally free. "I bring lunch!" Kole yelled as he walked into the now closed store. "Oh I love you." Ronny asserts as he grabs his food along with his mates. "Granger, Kole, kitchen, Jude, go eat with auntie Kale." I instructed and he nodded running for Kale with giggles escaping his lips, oh he was growing up perfectly.

It was just us three in the kitchen now, I had gotten my happily ever after now it was time to get Granger one, it was now or never. "Honey, I love you but you can't keep looking at him from afar then run away the moment he looks your way, Kole I need you to man up and claim this boy, he's your mate, it doesn't matter if you weren't attracted to men before but I can tell all you want now is to explore every inch of him, I know my mate wanted to do it when he met me." I explained shocking them both but they had to hear it. "I don—" Granger starts but my glare cuts him off, "I know you, I've seen you grow and yes you do run away when things get complicated, but nothing is complicated here, what is wrong with your generation that everything is so manipulated into being so complicated more than it actually is, he's your mate, he's the head warrior, and before he liked girls but all he can think of now is bending you over and fucking you senseless, I do not apologize for my words, you have to know, don't you think it hurts him being far from you, doesn't it hurt you?" I asked Granger and Kole, they both withered under my gaze  "I thought so." I mumbled just as Granger looked at his feet with tears in his eyes. "Now what you'll do is sit in here, you'll talk it through, have lunch, then after lunch you come with me so you can help me pack since Kole isn't allowed to leave my side, as we do so you will talk, cry, hug, kiss, the goddess gave you a blessing, appreciate it, now get to it." I order as Kole hugs Granger and I grab my food from the table whilst strutting away like the boss I am.

I'm not the only one who deserved to be happy, they too did, and I wouldn't let them throw away something special because of misplaced fear, it was hard to find a guy who genuinely loved you despite his own self growth and learning he liked boys, that took strength, throwing away love that was willing, it wasn't just painful for the two involved but for those who had yearned for such a love. As I adjusted my glasses I smiled, today had gone better than I thought, though I missed my mate so I decided to call him. "Miss me already?" He teased once the call connected. "I'd be lying if I said no." I retorted and he chuckled. "How is your day going, Kole taking care of you, Jude said you got him burgers." Marquee asks and I'm surprised he had been talking to Jude. "My day is so far good, I had Kole and Granger have an adult talk, and I take it our child is spying for you." I answered and he chuckled prouldy. "What can I say, a guy has to make sure his mate doesn't have unwanted hyenas sniffing around, plus, just checking in with my boy makes me feel less worried about you." He explains making it the sweetest thing he had one all day, I wondered how he did it when he's so far away. "Oh, I love you sugar papi." I melted wishing I could kiss him. "I love you more Bella, and I will be back soon, I promise." He asserts and I nod with a smile. "I know baby daddy, I know." I reassured as we smiled at each other. "Listen I have to go, I wanted us to move to the old house sooner than later, it would be nice to have our house ready for the babies than moving again." I suggested and he nodded thoughtfully. "So when do you want to move?" He asks and I hum thinking about it, the house would be completely clear tomorrow.

"The house will be cleared out tomorrow so they are able to tear down everything, so I will start packing today and hopefully when you get back, they would have started." I finally replied and he seemed impressed. "Distracting yourself from thinking about me huh?" He teased and I knew he was right, without him here, I felt lost. "Yeah, guilty." I admitted and he chuckled. "Don't worry Bella, I will be all yours soon, and you can tie me to the bed all you want." He replied with a mischievous grin and I blushed, he had enjoyed that a little too well this morning. "I regret doing that now." I asserted and he gasped dramatically. "Babe, you had my cock cummin over  and over again, I still can't believe you're that delicious, I can't wait to be back." He exclaimed happily as I wished he would stop and give my cheeks a break, they were fire engine red now. "Promise you'll rock my body again." He whispered but I heard him and the prospect had me tingling. "How about I think about it and we get to it when you're back." I offered and he made kissy sounds with his lips. "You're on lover." He mumbled as I chuckled at how adorable he could be. "Now I have to go, Jude just decided to face paint Kale with ketchup, I love you!" I called out and he made kissy faces again. "I'm in love with you." He said back just as the call ended, he was all I ever needed.

So I cleared my desk and got ready to leave, we had a lot of things to do and a lot of stuff that needed to be moved. "Granger, Kole, ready to go!" I called out and they scrambled out of the kitchen, Granger with messy wild hair and pink flushed lips, Kole looked more or less pleased with his handiwork which meant he was the cause, I just sighed, I didn't want to know, it was obvious if I hadn't called them, more would've happened, lord knows they would've scarred us all. "Come on boys we have work to do." I announced as my son ran up to me. I had done my part with the two mates, now they discovered who they were with each other, just as I was doing with the man who put a giant rock on my finger.

+++

lmj