chapter twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

Two hours later....

Sitting inside the doctors office for almost two hours with a bunch of babies is beyond annoying. I'm glad Journee was sleep most of the time being there.

The doctor said everything with her was good and I was happy for that. I texted Nau'Jour's mama when we were still in the doctors office to see if it was okay for me to bring her by.

She told me it was and I asked to tell Nau'Jour to come by also. She said she would so I hope he does. Even though my last time seeing him wasn't all good I can put it to the side for our child.

Pulling in her driveway I looked back to Journee wide awake. I smiled at my happiness. She was what was really giving me a why right now.

I got out looking to see a car pulling in the driveway. I hadn't saw it before so I didn't look for long. I went on and grabbed Journee's car seat and went on towards the house.

I knocked on the door a couple of times before Nau'Jour's mom appeared smiling ear to ear.

" Hey baby you look so gooddd. " She hugged me then looked down at my hand.

" Oh you have to let me see herrr. " She said as she stepped to the side to let me in.

I went on in and went inside the living room. I got Journee out and waited for her grandma to come back in here with us.

" She's beautifulllll. " She cooed as she reached out for her. I handed Journee to her and sat back on the couch.

" How you been? " She asked me.

" So so. I've been getting use to becoming a mother. " I told her half of the truth. If she wanted to know I had a very shitty pregnancy because of her son then she'd have to ask him about that.

" It's not gonna take long. You're gonna love it. "

" I already do. She isn't that bad unless she gets sleepy or hungry. Other than that she's sweet as pie. " I laughed a bit.

" How have you been? " I asked her.

" Chile, I been hanging on. " She shook her head.

" Yo mamaa? " I heard Nau'Jour's voice yell.

" Living room. " She said as she smiled down at Journee.

Nau'Jour came in with Tyler and Nick right behind him. He nodded at me then focused on his mama and Journee.

Damn, not even cordial? I'm not even the one in the wrong.

" Damn. " Nau'Jour said as he smiled at her.

I couldn't hide the fact that I was happy he was seeing her. It made me feel some hope he would change. I don't see myself with him anymore, but at least a co-parent relationship.

" Hey mama. " Nick spoke to Nau'Jour's mama.

" Wassuh ma? " Tyler spoke. They both left and went towards the back leaving us four up in the front.

" Can I hold her? " Nau'Jour asked his mama.

Oh yeah, it's her baby ask her.

" I'm not the one you should be asking. " She said as she continued to play with Journee.

Nau'Jour looked over at me. He act as if he didn't want to be bothered with me.

" Can I hold her? " He asked me.

" Sure. " I nodded. He quickly took her from his mom and Journee wasted no time hollering. He bounced her in his arms trying to give her, her pacifier.