𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

You were finally discharged from the hospital and Tendo's mom covered the bills despite your protests.

Hiyori came by to make sure you got home alright and you thanked her. She filled you in on schoolwork and your new work timetable to make up for the shifts you missed while you were in the hospital.

"Let me know when it becomes too much, I'll cover a few of your shifts, you need sleep too you know." She informed.

"Thanks Hiyori, I appreciate it, but you're busy right? You should get back."

"Call me if you need anything. And keep your clumsy ass together and don't fall down any more stairs okay?" She called before leaving your house.

Luckily your friend was an airhead and bought the 'I fell down the stairs' excuse fairly easily. You thanked your lucky stars for that.

You had missed a lot while you were gone so you spend the weekend catching up on schoolwork so the teachers wouldn't be on your case when you got back.
But who were you kidding? This was a Shiratorizawa academy, teachers were always all up in your business.

Still, even after pulling all nighters and inhaling caffeine day after day, and working yourself half to death at your double shifts at work, your school homework wasn't done.

You groaned in annoyance and decided to pester Tendo to help you, since he caught on faster to school work than you. When you spotted him in the hallways, though, he was speaking to Ushijima and you couldn't approach him while Ushijima was around.

You had said you needed a 'break' but you didn't give him any signs of getting back together.

You wanted to. Heck, more than anything you wanted to run back to the safety of him arms and you knew full well that he would take you back no questions asked. But you couldn't do that to him, you couldn't risk his life for your sake.
That would be beyond selfish, that would be cruel. And you didn't want to be the cause of any harm coming his way.

You slipped past Ushijima and Tendo in the hallways and headed straight to the library. Hiyori was covering your shift for you so you could catch up on some schoolwork and for that you'd be eternally grateful.

Days passed like this, with you avoiding eye contact or any interaction with Ushijima apart from volleyball training. In the gym you'd act like nothing was wrong, you'd smile at him, encourage him, get him water bottles and towels like you did with everyone else. But the moment you stepped out of the gym, your job as a manager was over and you'd continue to dodge him when he approached you.

Ushijima gave you a lot of space. He was probably worried that you'd get mad if he didn't. You had to admit, you wished he could have been around for longer. You couldn't bring yourself to explain anything to him. Heck, you knew that if you talked to him normally again, you'd go back to him no matter what.

That was the main reason you tried so hard to stay away. Because if you caved once, you'd be running back to him over and over again.

It had been a week since your hospital discharge and it hadn't gotten any easier to be around Ushijima. You still felt your heartbeat quicken when he spoke, or your breath catch in your through when you saw him unexpectedly.

You plopped down at a free seat in the library and pulled out your study materials. After an hour of constantly getting distracted and sidetracked you pulled out your phone and scrolled through old conversations with Ushijima, desperately searching for some motivation to study but all those texts brought to you was longing to be with him again.

You sighed and put your phone aside, focusing on the books in front of you once again when someone sat across from you.

You caught a glimpse of red hair and internally groaned. Your half brother was far too talented in guessing what was wrong with you, and he wouldn't rest until your 'problems' were 'fixed'. The downside was that he would do things his own way.

"Ooh (f/n)-chan! Who's texts are these? It's yours and Wakatoshi-kun's huh? Do you miss him? Should I call him for you?"

"Satori no, we're in a librar—"

He wasn't paying attention to your protests and pressed the call icon at the top of the screen, and soon a call was going through.

One ring.

You reached out to grab the phone but Tendo held it out of your grasp.

Two rings.

You scrambled out of your seat to snatch the phone from your brother.

Three rings.

You managed to get your phone back into your own hands but before you could hang up, Ushijima picked up.
"Hello?"

"Uh, yes." You responded in a hushed voice. You were in the library and didn't have any interest in being thrown out.

"Is something wrong?"

"I- no. My finger slipped. My bad." You said, all the while glaring at Tendo. "It won't happen again." You hung up, not waiting for a response.

"(F/n)-chan you just wasted a chance." Tendo sighed.

"Satori, i cant be with him. I'll put him in danger."

"By being alone you're putting yourself in danger." Tendo argued.

"I'm not alone, I've got you right?" You forced a smile.

"And what are you going to do about your feelings for Wakatoshi-kun?" He questioned.

"Get over him, of course." You shrugged. Your phone buzzed with a notification from work, most likely letting you know what days you had to work, and both you and Tendo glanced at your phone screen. The lock screen was a picture of a very confused Ushijima in the middle of eating his noodles.

"Right." Tendo smirked, unconvinced. "You're gonna 'get over him'. Good luck with that (f/n)-chan. You'll need it."

"I—" You were at a loss for words and gave up, packing your bag. "I'm too tired to get any study done today, can we rain check?"

"Whatever you say, (f/n)-chan." Tendo sang and watched as you left the library in a frenzy.

"She's not getting over him any time soon." He mumbled to himself. "But she won't go back to him on her own either. Since she's stubborn, guess I'll just have to give Wakatoshi-kun a little push."

~•~

Okay so maybe this chapter wasn't full of fluff and crack like I thought it would be but y'all will get your fluff and crack eventually I swear just uh,, maybe one more semi angsty chapter?

Don't kill me I'm enjoying writing in sad girl hours lmao

Stay safe everyone <33