One more day [ Endo Mamoru ]

Requested!

[ angst ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"When will you giving her up?"

A female voice ringing in his ears but he didn't make any effort to turn his body around to see the owner of the feminine voice when he currently has his eyes set on the sleeping figure that belonged to the female that he has set his eyes on since the first time he met her.

"You don't understand, Natsumi."He sighed lowly at the fair skin woman who is standing in the doorway, leaning his head down against the soft white mattress with his hands wrapped around one of yours, "I love her."

"Then move on."

The said female emphasized, not wanting to see the guy she fell in love within this state. Waiting for something impossible to happen except there's a pinch of miracle to happen. But this is not a fucking Fairy Tale books that she always read in her childhood time.

"She won't wake up."She pointed out while pointing the comatose [ color ]-haired maiden, who was confined in this blank white room for the third years now with her index finger despite knowing he isn't even looking at her. If no one didn't know the truth, they would be mistaking her to be fast asleep in a deep peaceful slumber.

"And it's all my fault."He retorted, hearing her exhaling a heavy sigh. If he didn't tell you to watch his soccer match and didn't get yourself in a car accident, maybe none of this would happen.

"She has been in comatose for three years. Three freaking years after the accident! She probably didn't like seeing you like this so please, for your undying love for her, don't waste your time over something impossible. Something that will make you regret for the rest of your life for wasting your life like this."He didn't hear her voice anymore after a sound of door slides close erupted.

His eyes slowly trailed up and fixated on your face with his vision getting blurry out of the blue with warm tears. His hand wrapped around your small delicate hand, carefully not making any contact against wires that sticking out from your wrists to keep your condition monitored

"[Y/N]."His voice cracked as he choked out a sob and muffled it against his palms, gritting his teeth to prevent any whimper from escaping his lips, "What should I do?"

Kami-sama, please.

"I'm confused."

Give him one more day to be with you.

"I don't like this anxiety feeling. It felt weird."

One more day before he follow Natsumi's advice.

"I want my heart to went wild after hearing your laugh again."

Just give him one more day before he regretting his choice for leaving his true love.

"Your smile, your everything. I want to see them again, my fiancée."

One fucking day.

"Can I call you ' mine ' like I always do before all this nightmare happened?"

Please let him cherishing this last moment he had with you.

"I'm sorry."He apologized between his cry, feeling the warm liquids flowing down on his face without showing any a hint to stop.

For him to safely say ' I love you '.

"I love you."

So you can return it back.

And he once again was greeted by silence.

He got up from his seat quietly, wiping the tears away with his long sleeves shirt while facing the white ceiling.

As he expected, there is no response coming from you. He did hope this would be a story with a happy ending despite the chance was low. He was being naïve. A happy ending never existed in the first place.

Cleaning around the room slightly and straightening the white thin fabric on the mattress to dust off some dust that might land on it, not liking the fact even the slightest that you're sleeping in a dirty environment. After making his last touch, — changing the new water in the transparent vase that contains the various colors of fresh chrysanthemum flowers — he grabbed his coat and slides his arms in the sleeves due to the cold weather outside as if the sky is crying with him.

He leaned closer to your forehead and plant a sweet small kiss on it, reluctantly pulling away after mumbling a soft and last,

"I love you."

When he was about to pull away, a weak hand gently gripping with his callous one, making his movements halted. Eyes slowly darting over to the girl and tears prickled in his eyes once again, not making any endeavor to wipe the liquids away upon seeing your divine smile that he was longing to see. His wish is now granted at the close call.

"At least let me return your words."

"[Y/N] . . . "

Despite all the words that he has been thinking to utter it out once you regained your consciousness, all of them seemingly slipped away when he is now beyond speechless. Letting his warm salty tears screaming for him to show the world his gratitude.

Hearing a consecutive 'beep' from your behind, you looked for its source only for your eyes to landed on a heart-rate monitor. Eyes lovingly gazing to the man that had his appearance changed due to the time that keeps flowing without stopping.

"Thank you for waiting for me."

He mentally slapped himself for almost making the biggest mistake that he will regret for the rest of his life.

He practically throwing himself into your weak embrace, trying to wrap your thin slender arms around him with an effort.

Having you again in his arms, laughing and smiling despite the happy tears flowing freely down to each other's cheeks.

This suddenly felt . . . right.