return to you [Ibuki Munemasa]

Adult! Ibuki Munemasa x Adult! Reader •

[Part 2]

[Slight-angst, fluffy]

Becoming an actor is something impossible for you as you preferred privacy more than publicity so becoming a journalist is enough for you. Aside from that, you can tour to the through Japan but if you are lucky maybe to another country.

Letting out a satisfied sigh at the scent of latte coffee in your nose, loving the taste of the drink at the same time while you humming happily, walking through the crowds. Someone walked past her but halted their movements and look over their shoulder, unconsciously a smile made its way to their face when you entered a cafe.

***

Sitting at your favourite spot, your gaze wandering around the room. You still can't believe this cafe is still here. Your eyes then landed on the waitress who only flashed you her bright smile which you smiled back.

"Would you like to order, miss?"

"Yes, I would love to have matcha tea latte-"

"Make it two." A voice interrupted. When you look at the owner of that familiar voice, almost immediately your whole face lit up at the sight of the male who gives you a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Is this seat empty?"

"Yes. Have a seat."

"How have you been? I can't believe it has been 6 years!" He started the conversation, flashing you his grin that you have been longing for a long time. Both of you did a catch up since you last met and you told him how you watch every single of his match. You have been longing for this feeling for years, talking with him comfortably, without any awkward or tense air. Or maybe you thought of it too early.

The two of you happily chatted until he said something that faltered the smile from your lips.

"So there is a girl that I fell in love with. And I'm planning to propose to her tomorrow."

A smile dropped from your face along with your heart. It took some time for you to process before a weak smile that soon had you to fake it. After what you have done to him, there is no one that you can blame aside from yourself.

"I'm happy to hear that. Who is this lucky girl?" You asked, trying to sound cheeky as possible while leaning closer to him to make you look excite though you are not.

"Well, you will meet her later. You will come, right?"

Hell no.

"Sure!"

Fuck my good side.

"Sweet! Then I'll see you later! At 7:00 pm, same place, 'kay?" Only replying with a nod, making his whole face was conquered with an emotion that could be seen visible through it. She smiled bitterly, returning the small wave that he gave you before storming out from the cafe.

"He looks excited." Whispering the words to yourself, you were surprised to the reflection of you against the glass window. The fingertips of your hand were placed on your cheek to feel the familiar liquid.

"Why am I crying? I should be happy that he found someone better than me." Scolding yourself, forcing a chuckle to escape from your throat. Instead of a chuckle, a small whimper escaped past you throat and burying your face in your arms,