4. Test Drive

"Do you know this game?"

I motioned at the screen of my computer, with the 'WORLD OF GLORY' written on it.

Nakaupo na siya ngayon paharap sa personal testing computer ko, he fixed his glasses before nodding.

"Yes po."

"Have you played this game before?" I asked him again, agad naman siyang tumango.

"So for a brief introduction, I would like to introduce to you, the World of Glory! The world where your desires could come true, from the profession to the team, you can freely choose with what your heart desires. This is a battlefield of gods which our company, of course, created. WOG is a massive multiplayer online game that revolves around battle combats, strategy, and teamwork. These enables the players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes interact meaningfully with the people around the world."

"Our game generates a genre capable only for our target players to adopt. Truthfully, this game doesn't come around with younger kids so not everyone can play this, unless if you've already acquired your own personal game console and a card. With this game requires total concentration and stamina." Tumikhim muna ako bago nagpatuloy.

"Just like any other MMOG's our game also developed a virtual currency where the player can earn and accumulate money. The virtual economies created within MMOG's often blur the lines between real and virtual worlds. The result is often seen as an unwanted interaction between the real and virtual economies by the players and the provider of the virtual world. This practice is mostly seen in this genre of games. They seem to come hand in hand having this kind of trade, real money for virtual things."

I tapped my desk as I continued my long speech.

"In short, as the players earn virtual money and accumulate game objects, such as weapons or armours, our company earned our share with those currency. And we use that money, aside from getting the ones responsible of developing such amazing MMOG get paid, we use real money for our game to generate, and of course for future purposes."

Tumango-tango lamang siya habang matamang nakikinig sa bawat salitang binibitawan ko.

"As of now, we are currently developing the game for our new feature such as 'The Wildcard' to represent our game in the newest generation of e-sports and e-sports pro players. And with a little help from you, hopefully this new game feature would be a success."

"So, are you ready?" I leaned closer to him as he gulped and fixed his glasses, he nodded nervously.

"Relax, Andres. All you have to do is to defeat our newly developed field monsters for our new feature." I tapped his shoulder to wake him up. Mukhang kanina pa kasi siya tutok sa screen ng PC.

I motioned the game console for him, "Dala mo ba ang game card mo?" Mukhang nagising naman siya at agad na dinukot ang game card na nasa bulsa niya. I smirked saka inagaw ito sakanya.

"This is a rookie game card. Sigurado kang gagamitin mo 'to?" Inayos niya ulit ang suot na salamin at tumango. "I'm confident with my game card, Ma'am" kinuha niya ito mula sa kamay ko at ipinasok ito sa card console sa tabi ng PC screen. I snorted with his surprising remark.

"Well then.."

Nilingon ko si Kuya Noelle sa tabi ko na mataman na nakamasid sa lalaking nakaupo sa harap ng PC. Wala na si Kuya Aga dahil nagpaalam siya na mauuna na raw siyang umalis kanina, buti naman.

As he typed his username and password, I noticed that his fingers are trembling.

Mabilis kong inilihis ang tingin mula sa mga daliri niya papunta sa screen. He's using a Lancer as his hero. I nodded with satisfaction. Lancers are quite dominant in the battlefield of WoG when they engage to a hand in hand battle. But their only flaw is that they fail to keep up their pace when they face a do or die situation. Humihina ang speed and stamina ng isang Lancer kapag agad na nawala ang focus nito. Not unless, if the user is a pro player.

"The new feature's server is called 'the battle of gods' search for it and find for the jungle block map, that's where your mission starts."

I squinted my eyes as I try to read his character name.

"AndresMe.." I mumbled to myself. What a vulgar name for a quiet man like him.

As he started to kill each field monster na dinivelop ng company ko he's dripping sweat so I took the initiative to grab some tissue and wiped them off his forehead.

Mukhang nagulat naman siya pero hindi sapat para mawala ang concentration niya. Hmm, mesmerizing...

"He's quite good, Ms. Maureen." Bulong ni Kuya Noelle sa tabi ko na agad kong ikinangiwi at sinamaan siya ng tingin.

"I know right."

I can't suppress my smirk as I watch his fingers gracefully tapping the correct key to click and his eyes are focused and they didn't show any fear at all.

He's born for this kind of profession.

I mean, the profession of being a Lancer.

One game card is equivalent to one game hero. You can't switch professions that easily. And as for professions, WoG offers almost a thirty, number of heroes for players to choose upon. So rookie players must choose wisely of what hero they would like to learn on using and use it in a good way, for entertainment and to kill boredom, of course. And if they are interested, they can also engage in a huge battlefield along with the other pro players in the e-sports arena.

"Defeat"

That's what is written on the screen. I tapped his shoulder as he lifted his head to watch my reaction. I squinted my eyes on him.

"Splendid. Looks like you've acquired the enough knowledge to use a Lancer properly. But, you failed with your mission." His face looks really defeated so I just snickered to divert his attention.

"Geez. Don't worry, you are now hired as my secretary. Your job starts tomorrow, be early because I hate lazy ass employees." I said as I pulled his game card from the game console and gave it back to him.

He nodded saka nagpalaam na sa harap namin. Binigyan pa niya ako ng isang makahulugang ngiti na ikinakunot ng noo ko. That guy is really something.

"He's a good player. Ilang practice lang ay pwede na siyang makasali sa mga malalaking teams ng WoG." Komento ni Kuya Noelle as he watch the guy walk away.

I traced my fingers at the game console, "He applied as my secretary, Kuya Noelle. Hindi siya pwedeng sumali ng mga teams na under ng game ng kompanya ko as long as his real profession is tied to me." I answered in finalization.

I glanced at him with my mocking smirk on, sinamaan niya lamang ako ng tingin bago nag-iwas.

This game consoles connects to the computers to run database for the game and makes them the most important part of WoG player's computer. And also, it runs only when an accurate game card is being inserted inside it. That's how my company's most famous MMOG invaded the world of online pro players.

And it's running smoothly with my supervision, and my ever most talented employees. I couldn't ask for more. And sooner or later, this game we've created will create history of its own on the MMOG handbook.

----