chapter 3: assigned jobs

music/song: lean on (violin cover by Sally Potterton) - DJ Snake and Major Lazer.

quick authors note: I am so sorry that it took me so long to add this chapter to the story it's just that a few things have been going on in my life about... certain problems in my life and 27harkt's and OT7_utopia are the only two who will understand when I say: I've been trying to get over some certain past incidents that have "influenced" me negatively for a certain period...but anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter and the song I have chosen for this chapter.

~no ones pov~

As the lively approvals of the teens started to calm down, the sincerity started to sink in "alright!" said Leo as she went into full serious mode... "as I said before we left. we need certain people for certain jobs- cappy!" she said as she instantly shifted her head and the attention towards the green-eyed brunette which made her look up from her notepad "huh?!- yeah?" she responded a little alarmed now that every set of eyes in the room except for hers had altered their attention towards her "I hope you did what I asked you to while we were packing" she said with a now serious tone that had replaced her cheery and vibrant tone from seconds ago which made the 5'12 female relax and give a semi-irritated and semi-insulted look "of course I did! you honestly think that I would write down notes from Pisces rambling and not write down a chores list?" she asked as she walked up towards Leo and handed her the list while a "hey!" came from the blue-haired male who got a little offended with the... choice of terms Capricorn used to call his little nostalgic speech when reciting the information from the show he watched.

As Leo penetrated the list that was handed to her by the tallest female in the room and muttered something inaudible to the rest of the crew out in and looked up in satisfaction and gave it back to her "alright here's how its gonna go..." she started as she caught the attention of the 11 teens surrounding her but as always, she never minded the attention. she then proceeded to look back at the 5'12 feminine and said "take it away cap." which caused the brunette to look at the milk chocolate skinned girl in surprise for a few moments before recomposing herself and readjust her glasses "a-alright well..." she started. A little reserved at first... as she glanced down at Leo who gave her a reassuring expression which made cap a little less nervous "well, I-I um- I-I ..." she started but all of a sudden her eyes widened as memories started flooding back to her as she was put on the spot with people staring...

waiting for her to humiliate herself...

to laugh...

laugh

laughter

it's not funny

"stop it."

"p-please"

"I CAN'T!" she cried out as she stared down with her eyes closed tightly gripping onto her notepad as if her life depended on it which caused everyone to look at her with sympathy and shock it had been so long since they'd seen cap on the verge of a mental breakdown- actually this was her first time on the verge of a mental breakdown...

at least...

that they knew of...

"I-I just can't..." she muttered out as her cry left wavers of sadness tie around her words desperately trying to catch the attention of someone, anyone! and thankfully Leo heard the desperation in her voice of having all eye torn away from her and focused on someone else, and as the caring leader of the group she was she slowly & gently placed her hand on her friend's shoulder and motioned for cancer to come over and comfort her as she was better than anyone when it came to comforting after all; she was the mother of the group.