"Maybe Tony can be Axel's f-" I started but I was cut off.

"Axel's what?" Tony asked, stepping out of the elevator.

"Axel's favourite uncle." I said and Tony's face lit up.

He crouched down beside Axel and went to reach out for him but looked up at me for approval first, when I nodded to him he quickly scooped Axel up and cuddled him close to his chest.

"So the two tough guys do have a soft side." I said with a grin, looking at the two of them holding my twins.

"Yeah, just don't tell anyone." Tony said, making me chuckle.

"Tony have you seen Clint?" I asked him.

"No, and he's not in the training room either, I was just in there replacing one of the punch bags and I didn't see him. Jarvis where is Agent Barton?" Tony asked.

"Agent Barton left at 3am this morning." Jarvis announced.

3am? Where did he go? And why did he leave? I looked over at the other two and they looked just as confused as I was.

"Will you two be alright with the twins for a few minutes whilst I go see Nat and see if she knows where he has gone?" I asked.

"Yeah we will be fine, and Pepper will be up in a minute so we will be fine." Tony said.

I nodded and headed to the elevator, pressing the button and when the doors opened Pepper stepped out.

"Morning." She said with a smile.

"Please watch them and make sure they don't break my babies." I said and she chuckled.

"Will do." She said before the elevator doors closed.

I pressed the button for the floor below and stepped out, walking down to Nat's room and knocking twice. A minute later she opened the door and frowned when she saw me.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.

"Uh not really, I couldn't find Clint this morning and Jarvis said that he left at 3am, do you know where he went?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, sorry, he didn't tell me anything; the last time I saw him was last night before the two of you went to bed." She said.

"Okay, well if he calls you can you please let me know? He wont answer my calls." I said sadly.

"Of course." She said.

"Thanks." I said before heading back to the elevator.

"Any luck?" Sam asked when I walked back into the living room.

"No, he hasn't said a word to anyone about where he went." I said with a frown.

Tony handed Axel to Pepper and grabbed my hand, leading me out onto the balcony before shutting the door so the others couldn't hear what he was saying.

"Is everything alright Tony?" I asked quickly.

"I uh... I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I spoke to him yesterday when you guys came back and he was saying that he's a dick, that he's ruined everything and that he knows that it still hurts you every time you look at him. He felt awful for making you feel that way when you were around him, I don't really know why I'm telling you anyway because it could be totally irrelevant but I thought it was best to tell you." He rambled.

"You don't think he's gone for good do you?" I asked, my chest starting to feel tight.

"I'd like to think he isn't, I don't think he'd leave you and the twins; he said he wants to fix things and what good is he going to be able to do if he's gone? He'll be back, I promise." Tony said with a smile, pulling me into a hug.

I just hoped he was right because I don't think I'd be able to cope without Clint, I know he's put me through hell but I need him especially now we have the twins at home. We headed back inside and I took my phone out of my pocket to send Clint a text; 'Hey, Jarvis said you left at 3am, I hope you're okay and not off somewhere doing something stupid. Let me know you're alright so I can stop worrying myself sick, come home soon, me and the twins need you, I love you. Abi.' I pressed send and hoped he would reply soon but he didn't, I spent the rest of the day with the twins and the team but didn't hear a word from Clint. I tried calling him a few times and sent him a couple more text messages but he ignored them all, and I was starting to get really worried.

"Tony give me your phone." I said.

He handed Madison to Steve, whilst Nat had hold of Axel and was pulling faces at him, and took his phone out of his back pocket before handing it to me.

"Clint wont answer, we've all tried calling him." Tony said.

"I'm not calling Clint." I said as I walked towards my bedroom and away from the others.

I clicked on Nick Fury's name and waited for him to answer.

"What do you want Stark?" He said when he answered.

"Hi sir, sorry, it's not Stark, it's Abi Gilbert." I said sheepishly.

"Ah Miss Gilbert, sorry about that, Stark has been bugging me lately and I thought it was him again." He explained.

"No worries, uh I was just wondering if you had heard from Clint? He disappeared at 3am without saying a word to anyone so I didn't know if you had sent him on a mission or something...." I trailed off.

"I haven't heard from Barton in a couple of days, since he called to tell me he had finished the mission and was on his way to you to bring the twins home." He said and I could hear in his voice that he was frowning.

"Okay, thank you anyway sir, if you hear from him could you please let me know?" I asked.

"Of course." He said.

"Thank you sir, have a good evening." I said.

"You too Miss Gilbert." He said before ending the call.

"Damnit!" I yelled and punched the wall.

"Who did you call?" Tony asked, appearing in the doorway.

"Fury, I wanted to know if he had sent Clint on a mission but he hasn't, I don't know what to do Tony; he left at 3am, it's now 6pm and he's not home nor has he let anyone know where he is." I said as tears spilled down my cheeks.

"He'll come back, I'm sure of it." Tony said as he pulled me into a hug and stroked my hair to calm me down.

"But I want him back now Tony, I want to tell him I forgive him, I need him." I sobbed.

I didn't really know what I was saying at that point, I was exhausted from looking after the twins and stressed because I didn't know where Clint was. I did forgive him I suppose, it was just going to take some time to trust him again but who knows when I'll get the chance to tell him that.

"Come on, the twins were crying when I came to get you." He said.

I followed him back to the living room where I found Sam sat with Madison in his lap whilst he fed her a bottle and Steve sat next to him doing the same with Axel. My heart swelled, I was so happy to have such an amazing group of people around me, and it was in that moment that I was thankful I decided to come back to the tower with them.

"Thanks for your help today you guys." I said with a smile.

"We're all happy to help, the three of you are family after all." Sam said with a smile and the others nodded or voiced their agreements.

I wanted Clint to come back, but I knew that if he didn't then I would always have these guys to be there for me and the twins.