17

Abi's P.O.V.

It had been a week since I was captured, they had given me water every now and then but I'd had no food in the week I'd been here. They'd tried questioning me multiple times but I still refused to say anything to them, which resulted in more beatings. My knee was still dislocated and I was almost certain at least one of my ribs was broken and he had cracked my cheekbone, I was in really bad shape.

"You finally ready to talk?" The guy asked as he came into the cell.

I glared at him as he walked over to me, twirling his knife around in his hand. He pressed the blade into my right cheek again, reopening the slice he had made before, I held back the scream that was threatening to escape. I was in agony, starving and my pain threshold was lowering a lot.

"It won't be long until we bring your little boy toy Barton in." He said with a smirk.

"If you lay a finger on him I swear-" I started.

He quickly moved the blade from my cheek to my neck and pressed hard. I felt the skin split slightly as blood dripped down my neck, it wasn't anything to be worried about, he hadn't cut deep enough to do any damage.

"What will you do hmmm? With your knee like that and all your other injuries I doubt you will be able to do much, and you can't use your powers because those cuffs supress your powers. So it looks like you don't really have a leg to stand on." He said.

"Screw you." I spat.

He snarled at me as he threw kicks and punches my way. He knocked the wind out of me, split my lip and my cheek, probably broke another rib amongst other things. The punches and kicks continued until we heard an explosion upstairs, he turned away from me for a second but when there was no more sound he turned back to me and continued hitting me. By this point my eyes were so swollen I could barely see out of them, blood dripped down my face which made my vision even worse, and my body was shaking violently.

"Maybe next time you will just talk." He spat.

Then came another explosion from above us and a thud as a guard landed at the bottom of the stairs just outside the door. He went over and swung the door open, stepping out, I didn't really see what happened next but I saw him hit the floor through my blurred vision.

"Abi." Someone gasped from the doorway.

I recognised the faint outline of a round shield and the red, white and blue suit. He ran over and started saying something to me, although I didn't hear what he said as I blacked out. When I woke up I tried to open my eyes but it was as if they had been glued shut or something, no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't open them. I heard shuffling around me and I started to worry until I heard familiar voices.

"How is she Bruce?" Steve asked.

"She's slowly healing but she really isn't in a good way. It's been a couple of days and she's showing no signs of waking which really isn't good. I put her knee back into place, stitched her cheek, reset her ribs and nose, stitched beside her eye, put her wrist in a splint because it was fractured and a few other things. I can't even begin to imagine what she went through whilst she was there, and she's lost even more weight so they obviously starved her. If she loses any more weight she is going to be in serious trouble, which is why she's being fed through a tube for now." Bruce said with a sigh.

"Clint's getting restless. He was mad enough that we wouldn't let him come to help rescue her and now he's not allowed to see her either, he's getting bad again." Steve said.

"If we let him in to see her, he will get worse. You can't even see that it's Abi just by looking at her face from the damage they did. He will flip out completely if he sees her, trust me." Bruce said.