52

Abi's P.O.V.

"I can't keep on like this Clint, you can't tell me you're going to be here for me then disappear off like you did twice before. The drinking has to stop too, it turns you into a completely different person and, if I'm honest, I hate the person you become when you're drunk. I'm angry at you and I'm hurt, so it's going to take a while for everything to go back to the way it was before." I said as I looked down at the floor.

"I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, I promise. Also, I haven't touched a drop of alcohol in two weeks, I swear, because I don't like the way it makes me either. You don't deserve that, and you definitely didn't deserve what I did before, I want to be better for you so I can give you what you need and deserve." He said, lifting my chin so I was looking at him.

"There's uh... there's something else we need to arrange too." I started.

"What's that?" He asked as he fiddled with my fingers.

"When I lost the baby you disappeared from the hospital, and I wasn't in any sort of state to be making the decision, so Tony told the doctors we wanted to have the funeral back home in Manhattan and so the baby was moved to a morgue here. We need to..." I started but I couldn't finish the sentence.

"You don't need to finish what you were going to say, I know what you were going to say." Clint said sadly.

"I... I don't know if I can do it." I said, tears threatening to spill again.

"If you aren't up for it I'm sure Pepper will be willing to help, and if I'm honest I don't think I can either." Clint said, his voice breaking as he spoke.

"I swear I get all the crap thrown at me, I must've done something awful in a past life to deserve this." I said sadly as I looked down.

"It only gets thrown your way because you're strong enough to deal with it darling." He said, running the back of his hand across my cheek.

When he called me 'darling' it made me think of the nightmare I'd had last night, it was what the HYDRA man had called me and so had Clint before he attacked me. I quickly turned away from Clint to wipe the stray tears away before he saw them, but unfortunately I wasn't fast enough. He grabbed my arm softly and spun me round so that I was facing him, his eyes quickly scanning my face as a look of sadness washed across his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked quickly.

I walked over and took a seat at the table on the balcony, Clint followed and took a seat next to me, taking my hand in his again. A sigh escaped my lips and I covered my face with my other hand to hide it from Clint.

"Talk to me, what happened?" He asked softly.

"The nightmare I had last night, I was back in that basement. That man was there, then you guys all walked in and you all... you all started attacking me and calling me names. But that HYDRA guy and you, both of you called me... darling." I choked.

"I'm so sorry." He said as he pulled me into a hug.

He rubbed circles on my back as I cried into his shoulder.

"Y-you didn't know." I whispered.

We sat there in silence for a while until all of my tears dried up and we parted, his eyes quickly scanning my face to make sure I wasn't crying.

"I missed you so damn much whilst I was away." He mumbled.

"I missed you too... Where did you go whilst you were away?" I asked.

"That's a secret." He said with a smirk.

I was going to push it but I just didn't have the energy to do so, all the sleepless nights were finally starting to catch up with me and I was already tired despite only getting up about an hour ago. I brought his hand up and rested my forehead on his knuckles and squeezed my eyes shut tightly to try and stop any more tears from falling, this was all just too stressful.