40

Abi's P.O.V.

"Good, well I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the treatment did have an effect and shrunk the tumours slightly however they aren't completely gone so the bad news is we do have to operate. The tumours are now both small enough that they can be removed by themselves without having to remove your whole breast." She explained.

"That's good isn't it?" Steve said as he nudged my arm.

I forced a smile as I nodded, what would have been good was if the chemotherapy got rid of the cancer and I didn't need an operation.

"It also means you can still breastfeed properly if you choose to." She said, nodding towards my stomach.

I looked down and rested my hand on the bump that was now showing quite a bit, a smile spread across my face as I thought of the little baby growing inside of me.

"When will the operation be?" I asked.

"We have a slot one week today on the 3rd of April at 11am if that works for you?" She asked.

"Yeah that's fine, I don't have any plans that day." I said.

"Great, well that's all from me. There is information about the operation online or in those leaflets I gave you and if you need anything else make sure you call or email me okay?" She said.

"Thank you." I said before Steve and I walked out.

When we got back to the tower, we stepped into the elevator and I clicked the button for the lab.

"I'm going to go and see Clint." I said and he nodded.

I stepped out and walked towards the lab doors, letting out a sigh of relief when I saw there was nobody else around. I pushed the door open and dragged a chair to Clint's bedside, taking a seat before I took hold of one of his hands in both of mine. I brought it up and pressed a kiss on his knuckles before resting my forehead on them as a few tears slipped down my cheeks.

"I wish you'd wake up because I miss you so damn much, more than I've ever missed anyone. These last 9 weeks have been so hard without you, I keep hoping to wake up one morning and find you laying there next to me as if this was all just a dream. I went to the hospital today, the chemotherapy didn't get rid of the cancer completely but they can remove the tumours without having to remove my boob which is good I suppose. The hospital sent me a letter the other day; I have my next scan on the 30th, in three days, and they should be able to tell me the gender which is exciting, I just wish you could be there with me." I said sadly.

I sat there for at least an hour just talking to him, hoping he might be able to hear me as I spoke although I knew it was doubtful. Bruce told me he probably wouldn't be able to hear me, but there was a slight chance he could and that slight chance was what I was holding on to. After a while I decided to go back upstairs, if I spent too long down here I'd get upset and in a right mess; Pepper came down the other day and found me curled up in a ball on the floor sobbing. I pressed a kiss on his forehead before getting into the elevator, when I stepped out all eyes were on me. Everyone, including Pepper, was sat either in the kitchen or on the couch so they could all see me.

"Do you want to have lunch with us?" Tony called to me hopefully.

I shook my head as I walked down towards my room and when I got inside I climbed into bed and curled up under the blanket as tears began to stain my cheeks. A knock on my door made me jump I just stayed silent, hoping they would go away but unfortunately that didn't happen. My door opened and Tony stepped into my room, his face fell when he saw me and my tear stained face, he made his way over and took a seat on the edge of my bed before pulling me into a hug.