8

Clint's P.O.V.

The look on Abi's face when she got out of the vents broke my heart, I knew I had taken it too far with what I'd said.

"I knew you were lying." Tony said to me.

I looked over at Abi and I knew something bad was about to happen, she looked down at her hands before looking back up at Tony as he took a step towards her.

"Stay away from me." She warned.

He took another step towards her and she stepped back, stumbling and my heart stopped as I saw her fall backwards over the edge of the building.

"Abi!" I screamed as I sprinted over to the edge.

She closed her eyes as she fell towards the ground, I didn't hesitate to jump off after her. I wrapped one of my arms tightly around her waist and grabbed one of the window ledges. I felt the tendons and ligaments in my shoulder tear and I let out a pained yell, the pain that was around my shoulder joint was unbearable but I knew I had to hold on for Abi. Her head had hit the side of the building and it had knocked her out, her body was limp in my arms. The window slid up and opened to reveal Bruce and Steve, Steve pulled Abi inside and Bruce dragged me in but as I was pulled inside the pain I was in made me black out. When I woke up, my shoulder was still really painful but nothing like it was before, I tried to sit up but a pain shot through my shoulder.

"Bruce!" I called.

A few seconds later Bruce appeared with a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We had to operate on your shoulder, you tore almost every ligament and tendon around your shoulder and they wouldn't have been able to heal without the operation." Bruce said.

"What's so bad about that?" I asked.

"I'm not sure how well you're going to be able to use your bow and arrow." Bruce said as he looked down, avoiding eye contact with me.

I couldn't believe what he had just said, my whole world had just come crashing down around me, I quickly turned back to Bruce.

"How is Abi?" I asked.

"She's fine, she was out for a little while and has mild concussion but other than that her head is fine." Bruce said.

"Good, can you help me sit up? I can't move." I said.

"Yeah, I can explain that. We had to strap you down, you were thrashing around whilst you were out and I didn't want you doing any more damage than you've already done." He said as he started to undo the straps across my chest and my arms.

He helped me sit up and put some pillows behind me so that I could stay sat up comfortably then he left again, leaving me by myself. I looked down at my shoulder and saw that my shoulder was in a brace and I couldn't move my right arm the slightest bit and I let out a defeated sigh. I knew right then that my arrow shooting skills would never be the same and it was going to take a lot of time and training to fix it.

"Jarvis." I called.

"How can I help you today Mr Barton?" He asked.

"Can you ask Abi to come down here please?" I asked.

"Of course." He said.

He was silent for a few minutes but then he answered.

"Unfortunately she isn't available right now." He said and my heart sunk.

"Oh... okay thanks Jarvis." I said with a sad sigh.

I sat there for a while in silence, wondering what she could be doing whilst I was stuck down here. I wanted to get out of this lab and go upstairs to find her and make sure she was alright. The look on her face when she got out of the vents was imprinted on my brain and my heart ached, I knew I had upset her, I had to tell her it was all a lie, I had to make things right. I let out a groan as I swung my legs off of the bed and stood up, I grabbed my shoulder with my left hand and held it as I walked along. I got into the elevator and made my way up then along to Abi's room. Her door was half open and I saw her sat on her bed, still wearing my hoodie, I couldn't help but smile at the sight. She looked peaceful as she sat there with headphones on, bobbing her head up and down to the beat of the music.