"He slapped my ass earlier and left a floury hand print so I told him he couldn't touch me for the rest of the day or there would be no touching for a week." I said as I turned and showed them the hand print.

"And you really think you're going to be able to handle that?" Pepper asked with a knowing smirk.

"Yes, I am going to get through the rest of this evening without laying a finger on him." I said as I began unzipping the dress bag.

"Yeah, I'd like to see that happen, you can barely ke-" Pepper began but she stopped talking when I unzipped the dress bag all the way and my dress was on show.

"Oh my god." I breathed.

The dress was beautiful, it was a grey and white lace floor length dress with long sleeves, I had never seen a dress like it in my life. I had to hand it to Clint, he had chosen an amazing dress and I couldn't deny that but I couldn't show my appreciation until tomorrow. I turned to see Pepper with her eyes wide and Nat had a smug grin on her face, I was kind of happy she made me wait to find out what it was all about now.

"I told you it'd be worth the wait didn't I?" Nat said.

"I hate it when you're always right." I huffed, but I couldn't wipe the grin off of my face.

"Enough chit chat, it's already 5:30pm, and we have just over an hour and a half for all of us to get ready. Abi go put your dress on in the bathroom, Nat sit down on that chair so I can start your makeup." Pepper instructed.

I nodded and grabbed my dress before rushing to the bathroom to get changed, I couldn't wait to get changed, and when I did my breath caught in my throat. I did a little twirl in front of the mirror and a smile lit up my face; I actually felt and looked pretty, and that wasn't something I often said about myself.

"You look beautiful!" Pepper squealed when I walked out of the bathroom.

She had finished doing Nat's hair and makeup so when I walked out of the bathroom Nat quickly took my place and headed in to get changed whilst I sat in the chair so Pepper could do my make up. She just applied some light make up, giving me a more natural look than she had given Nat, before curling my hair and just as she finished Nat returned from the bathroom. She looked stunning in her deep purple dress and matched with the make up Pepper had applied, she looked like she had just stepped out of a magazine or something. If she wasn't an assassin, she could easily be a model and Pepper could be too; at times I really did envy the two of them.

"Nat you look absolutely stunning." I gushed and I could have sworn I saw a slight pink tinge to her cheeks.

"Thanks, but I've got nothing on you." She said with a grin as Pepper rushed into the bathroom with her light blue dress.

When Pepper had changed, Nat did her hair and make up whilst I just watched; I was useless when it came to stuff like this and I'd probably end up making her look like a clown.

"We're a little late." I said, checking my phone and seeing 7:18pm flash up across the screen.

"I'm sure they've survived 20 minutes without us, but let's go!" Pepper cheered excitedly.

I followed the two of them out of my room and as soon as we stepped out of my bedroom, my whole body shook from the beat of the extremely loud music. I knew instantly that I was going to have a pounding headache in the morning, and it wouldn't even be from a night of fun drinking alcohol, it would be because of my heightened senses from this pregnancy. As soon as we stepped into the living room, my eyes landed on Clint and I couldn't help but smile; he was in a grey suit and the colours matched my dress perfectly. His eyes scanned me from top to bottom before meeting my eyes and a smile broke out on his face as he took a deep breath before making his way over.

"I knew that dress would look perfect on you, but I could never have imagined you walking in looking like a damn angel." He breathed, his lips close to my ear but not touching me.

"Back it up bird boy, remember what I said earlier." I said, although all that was going through my head was how good he looked and how badly I just wanted to rip all of his clothes off.

"Babe please, I can't take this." He groaned.

"You made your bed, now you have to lie in it." I said before walking off, purposefully swaying my hips from side to side.

I scanned the room and saw Steve stood by the bar, leaning against it as he sipped a beer so I made a beeline for him, an idea quickly forming in my head.

"Come on Spangles, come dance with me." I said, grabbing his hands and dragging him to the dance floor before he could protest.

He just chuckled and shook his head at me before we got into the music and completely let go, not caring if we looked like fools or not as we danced the night away. I caught Clint staring at me or glaring at Steve a number of times throughout the night, he came over a few times and joined in with us when some of the others did but overall he stayed away and I was starting to regret what I had said. Scanning the room, I tried to spot Clint but I couldn't see him anywhere and my heart sunk, what if he had gone off somewhere with someone who would pay him some attention whilst I was basically ignoring him. The sound of people starting the countdown began and my heart raced even faster, I had kissed Clint every new years eve since I met him, I didn't want this to be the first time I didn't. As the countdown reached one, someone tapped on my shoulder and as I turned around a pair of lips crushed mine. I knew by how chapped but yet soft they were that it was Clint, I lost myself in the kiss as I tangled my hands in his hair and he secured his arms around my waist, pulling me against him.

"See, I told you that the two of you wouldn't make it till the end of the day." Nat scoffed jokingly.

"It's January 1st actually." Clint said huskily before pulling me in for another kiss.

It was as if everyone around us disappeared when we kissed, I got completely lost under his touch and after going just a couple of hours without it, I didn't want to go without it again. In one quickly movement, he had swept me off my feet and had my legs wrapped around his torso as he carried me towards his bedroom, laying me down on the bed when we finally got there.

"Seeing you dancing with Steve made me jealous and angry, but how about you make it up to me and we can do a little dance of our own." He mumbled against my neck as he covered it in hickeys.

Thankfully, the party was still in full swing and the music was loud enough to cover up the explicit noises we were making for the next hour or so.