"I left a note..." He said quietly.

"That doesn't make it all alright! I was worried sick about you! I was supposed to start my training but Steve postponed it after two sessions because I couldn't focus; I was too busy worrying about you to be able to focus on anything else." I said angrily.

"I'm so sorry." He said, taking a small step towards me.

"No, don't come any closer to me. You can't come back and think everything will go back to normal! I still hear those words you said to me, especially when I'm trying to get to sleep, they just float around my head and won't go away. It makes me so mad, but what makes me even more mad is that I can't hate you and all I want to do right now is hug you but I can't. I want to hate you, and believe me I've tried, but I can't because I love you too much. But don't think because I just said that, that it makes everything you did okay because it doesn't and I'm just as mad as the others." I said angrily, tears threatening to spill.

His eyes fell to the floor and slowly he lifted his head to look at me but his eyes fell on my neck, where my necklace should have been.

"Your necklace." He said sadly.

"I tried to wear it, I did, but every time I saw my reflection and saw it, it just made me think of what happened in Rhode Island just before we left. It made me feel even worse so I took it off." I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

We both looked down, neither one of us wanting to meet the other's gaze, and we stood in silence for a while until I decided to say something.

"We should uh.. we should probably go back out there. Tony is making his big speech soon and I don't want to miss it." I said.

He nodded and followed me out but we stayed near the back, I didn't want any of the others to spot Clint just yet, I didn't want everything to be ruined before Tony's speech. A few minutes later the music stopped and Tony stepped up onto the stage, getting everyone's attention.

"Good evening everyone, I trust everyone is having a good night?" Tony said.

The whole room erupted in cheers and a bright smile spread across Tony's face.

"Good, now there is someone I want to invite up to the stage before I say any more. Pepper will you come up here please?" We all cheered and I looked over to Pepper.

She had turned a bright red, her face almost matching the colour of her dress as she made her way up to the stage and stood beside Tony.

"As you all know today is Pepper's birthday, so I thought I might make a little speech." Tony said with a grin.

"No, Tony, you don't have to." Pepper said quickly.

Tony ignored Pepper as he continued his speech.

"Pepper has been such a big part of my life for quite a while now and when I first met her I thought she was going to get on my nerves. And I was right! She gets on my last nerve but I wouldn't have her any other way, if she didn't bug me so much I definitely wouldn't be here today..." He started.

He continued talking about everything he and Pepper had been through, a smile spread across my face as I watched the love in his eyes as he looked at her and spoke about her, it was amazing.

"So, as you all now know, we've been through a lot together and I wouldn't change any of it for the world. Pepper I have one last gift for you." He said as he pulled a white box from his pocket and handed it to her.

She opened it and a confused look spread across her face as she looked up at him.

"We've been on quite a few dates in the last few months and I've enjoyed my time with you more than anything. I love you Pepper, and I fall in love with you more and more everyday. I was hoping you might do me the honour of being my girlfriend?" Tony asked hopefully.

The room fell silent for a few seconds until Pepper nodded her head repeatedly and the whole room erupted in cheers and whistles. Tony picked Pepper up and span her around, kissing her before putting her down on her feet.

"Here's my first name, until I can give you my last." Tony said as he put the necklace on her.

Pepper's face broke out into a grin and she hugged him again, causing people to cheer once more. Tony glanced over at me but his smile quickly fell when his eyes landed on Clint. My eyes went wide when I saw Tony start to leave the stage and I quickly turned to Clint.

"You need to leave right now, Tony is coming over and he looks pissed. Seriously, go, NOW!" I yelled at Clint.

He didn't have to be told twice and by the time Tony had come over, Clint was nowhere in sight. I let out a sigh as I looked up at Tony, preparing myself for what was about to happen.

"Where is he?" Tony demanded.

"Tony, just forget about him for now, go find your girlfriend and have fun tonight. It's Pepper's night, do not ruin it for her." I said sternly.

"When this night is over, he is going to get it, I swear to god." Tony said angrily.

"I know you're angry at him and trust me so am I, but you guys all need to sit and sort this out, otherwise what good are you going to be on missions if all you're doing is fighting each other instead of the enemy?" I said.

"Right now, Clint is the enemy." Tony said before turning and walking away.

I let out a defeated sigh before walking back over to where the others were stood. Steve looked at me and I knew exactly what he was trying to tell me, but I ignored him.

"You two should probably know that Clint turned up a little while ago, he's back, but he left the party a few minutes ago." I started.

"Where is he now?" Natasha demanded.

"I don't know, he didn't tell me that." I said.

"You spoke to him?!" Bruce said, raising his voice slightly.

I flinched at his sudden outburst and he gave me an apologetic look.

"He didn't say much but I did, mainly along the lines of the fact that everyone is really mad and he has a lot of making up to do." I said.

"You got that right, if he thinks he can just waltz back in like nothing has happened then he has another thing coming." Natasha said angrily.

"I know but like I said to Tony, you guys need to fix things even if it's not for yourselves, do it for the people you protect when you go out on your missions. If you keep fighting, it could end up putting others in danger." I said.

The three of them looked a bit annoyed, mostly at Clint but also at the fact that what I said was right. They all mumbled their agreements and I smiled, although I wasn't sure how well this 'fixing things' plan would go, especially if they're all as stubborn as I think they are.