Don't You Hate It When They Carry On Talking? They're Impossible.

Tahlibah-

We had managed to slip past the guard of the receptionist who didn't for a single second doubt that my sisters were 18. Perhaps it was due to the fact that we'd payed good money for it, I mean how many rich people lie about their age? They don't have to, especially not at a posh hotel.

"Tahlibah, I don't think they're here" Saraah said peering across the room trying to scout them out.

"Maybe they're just not here yet" Haleemah answered her.

"Maybe" I muttered.

"We really should sit down guys" Haleemah said.

"Yeah come on" I said, shaking the empty thoughts out of my head.

After waiting for 15 minutes I finally spotted a woman pretty similar to the girl Bhai Jaan was going to meet at a nearby table. Next to her was a guy who definitely wasn't Bhai Jaan. In fact there was no trace of sign of him at all...

"Haleemah, you go wander around and see if you can spot Bhai Jaan anywhere. If anyone asks, you're looking for the bathroom" I said.

As soon as Haleemah walked away, the girl started talking to the guy.

"I hate it when they're late. I'm going to have to talk to father to try and find a better guy. I mean, does he not know what punctuality is?" She said frustrated.

She better not be talking about Bhai Jaan.

5 minutes later, Haleemah returned with no news of Bhai Jaan.

I was about to ring Ateefa to see if he was still at home when instead shed sent me a text.

-Bhai Jaan in hospital. Accident at work. St Mary's hospital.

The twins saw my face and immediately asked if I was okay. In response I handed them my phone and quickly grabbed my purse and stood up. Just one glance at the text and they were following me too. And then she just had to speak.

"Seriously some people have no consideration for others! I'm going to give that Zaid a piece of my mind!" She said.

Not being able to contain myself I faced her and slapped her around the face.

"How dare you!" She said holding her cheek.

"I dare alright, and you know what? I wouldn't hesitate to do that again!" I said venomously.

"Excuse me lady, get the hell away from my cousin!" Her bulldog said to me.

"No I won't! That's my brother she's talking about! In fact the same brother who I've just heard has been in an accident and is fighting for his life!" I said in tears. I felt one of the twins tug on my arm.

"What do you want me to do about it?" The girl hissed.

"I expect nothing of you, I just can't believe you made his list. Heartless bitch" I said with a glare.

"You better stop calling me that before I sue you!" She said.

"And under what law will you do that?" I asked dangerously.

"I'll get my Lawyer on your case!" She threatened.

"Sweetheart, I'm a lawyer. There's not much you can do to me" I said.

"Sanah calm down. She's Tahlibah Shah" her cousin whispered her.

"I'm glad you at least know me, tell your cousin who I am, explain to her that the corporate world spins on my heel, not hers" I told him.

"Sanah, go home" he waved her off.

I walked away paying for the bill and walking to my car. I felt the girls hot on my heel and they timidly got into the car as I very angrily attempted to turn it on.

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" I shouted smacking the steering wheel angrily.

"What's wrong Tahlibah?" Saraah asked.

"The car's not starting!" I said rubbing my temple. Stepping out of the car I took my phone out to ring Ateefa and to get some air. The phone immediately went to voicemail, which was probably because she was most likely at the hospital.

"Want any help?" I looked up and saw Sanah's cousin.

"I don't accept help from strangers" I said.

"Hi, I'm Yunus. There, I'm not a stranger anymore. I'll take you and your sisters to the hospital. Look it's not like you have many other choices. A business snob like you would never take a taxi, not that you'll find many in this side of town anyway" he said with a smirk.

"Despite knowing a lot about me, you still know nothing. I'd rather die before sitting in the same car as you" I told him as I moved closer to him.

"I have a gun in my car if that helps" he told me.

"Girls, come on, we've got a ride" I told the twins, tapping on the back window of my car.

"I thought you said you'd die rather than take my help?" Yunus said with a half grin.

"Oh that still applies, but that doesn't mean I won't use the help of your car" I said dangling his car keys from my pinkie finger.

"Word of warning, the first place a thief looks for personal items of their victims, is the coat or jacket pockets. As a criminal lawyer I definitely wouldn't advise leaving the car keys to a Mercedes in your front pockets. Hurry up, you're coming with us" I told him.

"And if I refuse?"

"Good luck finding your car before someone jacks it when I leave the keys right on top of it" I said walking off.

"My horoscope told me this would happen, I never thought it actually would" Yunus said.

"What, your horoscope knew you'd get kidnapped?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"No, it knew my heart would be captured by a tall, dark stranger" he grinned.

"You're impossible" I said shaking my head.

"I know."