The mid way meeting

Tahlibah-

"So these are our 4 potential candidates so far" I said using a stick to point at the four pictures stuck to the board. My sisters were sat in a semi circle around me drinking in every word. We were being completely serious about this and you could tell everyone's focus was dead set on this task. Just over a week had gone by and Bhai Jaan had only managed to meet 4 of the 7 girls due to minor setbacks at his office and not to mention that nasty wound he had gotten.

"We can cross that first one out, Bhai Jaan has already said he doesn't like her" Ateefa said happily.

"Ooh! Can I do the honours?" Fakhirah squealed. I let out a sigh before handing her a thick black marker pen.

"Wait!" Zareen called out leaping to her feet. She snatched the pen off Fakhirah and started to draw over the picture. After she was satisfied she took out her camera phone and took a quick picture of her artwork with a grin. As she stepped back to hand Fakhirah the pen and to take her place in the half circle, I looked at her creativity. She had drawn two horns, a moustache as well as a pointy beard. I let out a snigger at her drawing and heard the others doing the same.

"What about number two?" Ateefa asked.

"Yeah you didn't really say much about what happened between you both" Nusrah chimed in.

"Well, she was being a bitch about Bhai Jaan wasn't she?" Saraah said surprising us all. She happened to be the more conservative and shy sister of us, and here she was swearing! About another person too!

"She was. But I think Bhai Jaan still wants to meet her to apologise and stuff. I heard him over the phone" Haleemah informed us.

"He shouldn't have to" I snorted.

"Well he wants too. I think she might've just been annoyed that day you know. And if her cous-" Haleemah began to say before she suddenly stopped.

"The three of you never mentioned a cousin" Ateefa said curiously.

"That makes so much more sense now!" Zareen said happily. I stared at her confused.

"What does?" I decided to ask.

"Well. I'd been wondering why we all of a sudden got a new driver last week and then suddenly he'd disappeared the day after. There was only one theory which seemed plausible, and that was that he's your boyfriend" she said pointing to me.

"But now it makes more sense why you don't like the poor girl. She's your boyfriends cousin isn't she, and you don't want her to tell Bhai Jaan that you're together" she said her eyes glittering.

"Do I seriously have to come over there and kick some sense into you?" I asked threateningly.

"Just tell me one thing. How long has this been going on for?" I knew she was teasing but still! Somehow she just knew things about people, it's why she was a good prankster I guess. She knew the holes on everyone's armour. Although I had no idea why her comment bothered me, it's not like it was true anyway.

I glanced around at the rest of my crew and saw them looking at each other not knowing what to say.

"Just spit it out" I hissed wanting to get all the suspicion off of me.

From the end of the row I heard Nusrah spit something out of her mouth and into her hand. We all looked at her in disgust, with me crinkling my nose.

"Oh. You weren't talking to me" she said sheepishly before getting up to wash her hands.

"Was she having chewing gum?" Fakhirah asked.

"She better not have been, she knows she's not allowed it" I said sternly.