How to use 1 idiot to annoy another!

Tahlibah-

"Macie I don't think it's wise to try and get Davila to talk, Mr Amer is trying his best and it would be inappropriate for us to mess with his plans" I told my supervisor. Macie was a dear friend to me and we'd been close since I first joined this law firm half a year ago. Currently we had a case which our Partner law firm was dealing with. Mr Amer was a wise Muslim man who was very close to the case, but that didn't stop anyone from letting him deal with it. He was very capable and was a role model for many of us here at Berkley's and Rowland's. I've been trying my best to warn Macie to stay out of Mr Amer's business for the last three days, but it's been hard because she has this internal thing where she has to solve everyone's problems. Kinda like Saraah actually.

"But don't you think my idea's good Tilly?" She asked hopefully.

"It's brilliant but let's use it as a last resort. If Mr Amer can't get him to talk then you can cut his toes off one by one and force feed them to him until he spits his story out okay?" I asked with a grin.

"That sounds like a plan" she answered happily.

"Are you still coming to lunch with me? I need to see your holiday pictures, and not just the ones you posted on instagram!" I said.

"When have I not? And I need to tell you soooo much" she said squealing. And it was true, outside of work, Mace was my best friend (not including my siblings). We spent most of our time talking to each other and hanging out together outside of work. My sisters were quite accustomed to seeing her basically all the time at our house and were close to her, but not as closely as I was. Bhai Jaan used to try to avoid Macie as much as possible because in his words she was just plain crazy. Of course he was closer to her out of all of our sister's friends. I think it's because of that fact that even though she was Caucasian she still treated him with the same amount of respect we did and even called him Bhai Jaan too. I hadn't seen Macie for the past three weeks because she'd been in Spain looking after her Mother. Now that she was a bit better, she'd come back to England yesterday, and restarted work today. Absolutely crazy! She hadn't even taken a day to recuperate.

"Save it for lunch!" I told her before walking back to my desk. I organised some of the case papers left on my desk whilst I wondered where Mace and I would go and eat. We had this ritual where we would go to Starbucks every Friday and order our favourite drinks. Mine was usually a hot chocolate with extra cream and sugar, and Macie's was a chocolate frappucino. The drinks were basically a hot and cold version of each other kinda like us. I was the ice cold one of course. Today wasn't Friday though so we couldn't break tradition.

"Tilly there's a man here to see you at our reception" Paul, my colleague told me in a hushed tone.

"Who is it?" I whispered.

"I dunno, he looks quite... Well rich" he whispered back.

"None of our usual clients?" I asked.

"Didn't look familiar no..." He said a frown forming on his face.

We were of course thinking along similar lines if not the same.

Why was someone who could potentially be a client be here to see me? I wasn't exactly the best lawyer in the firm, I mean Macie was so much better for one and she was higher up than me. And then there was Polly, Steve, and heck even Mr. Amer!

"You better hope this isn't a social call, you know Alaia has it out for you" Paul told me worriedly.

"I'd better go and see him then before she notices" I said chewing on the inside of my mouth. Macie gave me a wide eyed look before pushing me out towards the door.

Alaia happened to be an old classmate who basically didn't like me. She also happens be close friends with my employer. And let's not forget the prank we played on her. Long story short, she kinda has reason to dislike me, but not enough to hold onto the incident like a freaking chimpanzee!

Rushing through the corridors of the firm I made my way to the main reception of our floor where this person was waiting for me. Just as I reached the glass doors separating our personal offices from the reception/waiting area, I saw him.

Yunus.

Great.

Deciding to just get the drama over with I walked out of my protective shield of glass and took a deep breath.

"Good, you turned up" he said his face betraying no emotion.

"What would you like?" I asked my face tensing.

"Making faces like that prematurely age your face" he said with a slight frown. My face immediately relaxed without any control from myself.

Damn you face!

"Why are you here?" I asked again trying to recover from my momentary lapse.

"I came here to return something to you actually" he said fishing through his jacket inner pocket. I watched him, wondering what I possibly could've let him borrow.

"Here you left this in my car" he said placing an anklet in my hand. Before I could respond with a thanks a voice interrupted our conversation.

"Yunus?" Alaia interrupted.

"Hello Alaia" he responded with again, no emotion.

"Are you here to see me?" She asked happily before looking at me with a glare.

"This is my fiancé Tahlibah. That means he's someone who loves me, something you won't understand" she said nastily, making my blood boil.

All of a sudden I had a great idea in how I could piss her off.

"Thanks for returning this to me Yunus, I can't believe I left it in your car! Silly me! I had a great time though! Thanks for stopping by" I said cheerily before leaving both morons behind.

That's what you call hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.