The bus journey of a lifetime

Ateefa-

After our discussion on each of the potentials we'd met so far, I had drawn the short straw in having to go out and buy snacks. Of course, my luck was as high as the flatness of the ground which is why my car wasn't working. After ringing up the engineers to get it fixed, I left and decided to take the bus to the shops. Now why didn't I take Tilly's car, or Zareen's? Well Tilly drives like a maniac and her car is already covered in scratches, I know if I'd taken it she would've blamed the scratches and dents on me and I'd have had to get it repaired. Like seriously. It's happened before. This is experience talking.

And Zareen's car is basically a death trap but not in the way that the floor would collapse beneath me or anything. It does have some very nice... Surprises in shall I say. For instance invisible string tied to the bottom of the car is one. I remember poor Hallie (Haleemah) falling flat on her face when she tripped over one of these things. And then there was the time that Zareen had glued a fake spider on to the top of her car. It made Nusrah scream like crazy when she noticed and that was when we were on the motorway so we couldn't just stop either.

So thanks but no thanks. I'd much rather go by bus, I'm too lazy to walk. Compared to the rest of my sisters I didn't mind going on buses, they could be slightly stuck up at times (and hey! Only I'm allowed to call them that!)

I think the only thing that I hated about buses was the wait. You never did know when they'd just turn up. Like stick to the timetable guys. When it did eventually come, I somehow found myself a seat at the front of the packed bus. About three stops later an elderly lady had come on so I decided to give my seat up. I leaned against the luggage rack and continued to text my friends. As we ambled along on the bus, the stupid driver let more people on, wasn't this some sort of violation of safety or something? I'd have to ask Tilly later. At some point we were so squished that it felt like I was being groped from behind. I somehow turned around and saw a man leering at me as the bus came to a halt.

"Come on babe! It's our stop" I heard from beside me as I was dragged off the bus. I looked at the voice and found Humaira's brother Zedd. I let myself be pulled off and away from the leering man who appeared to be more disgruntled now.

"Are you okay?" Zedd asked as soon as the bus rolled away.

"I think so. Did you just drag me off the bus you asshole?" I said sarcastically without thinking.

"Uh, yeah. And I think you let me you asshat. No wait. Not think. I'm positive you let me" he said mimicking my sarcasm.

"And you called me babe!" I said accusingly.

"And look here! You're with me! Not some creep who looked like he'd stalk you and molest you!" He argued.

I sniggered as we started walking.

"What now?" He asked.

"Well I just realised that the two situations aren't mutually different. How can I be sure you won't molest me?" I said thoughtfully.

"Well you can't be sure I guess. That's what life's about, taking risks. But there is the fact that you've known me for a very long time FeeFee" he justified.

"Hey! Only my brother gets to call me FeeFee! You should know that by now!" I said vehemently.

"Oh fine, I'll just call you by the original nickname I made for you then" he said with a grin.

"And that would be?" I asked not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"Tigger" he said with a wicked glint in his eyes.

"When will you drop that?" I asked wearily thinking of the story behind the nickname.

"10th of Never?" He said acting smart.