Lights, Camera, Action!

Ateefa-

"Help me with my jacket please!" Bhai Jaan pleaded from the far end of his room. His arm was still in a sling and we were currently getting ready to meet this new girl. I didn't feel like going but I'd do it for Bhai Jaan's sake. I walked towards him and tried my best to get his sprained arm in. The only problem was that he was such a big baby. A small movement would have him crying out in pain and telling me off.

"I seriously can't wait for you to get married. At least we won't have to put up with your babyish behaviour then!" I said with added strain in my voice. I'm not sure he heard me seeing as he started whining again at that exact point.

"I pity the poor girl your going to marry" I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?!" He said mock outraged.

"Oh you know it's true" I said walking away with a grin.

"You wait there FeeFee! I'm coming!" He shouted. Just then Tahlibah came in and gave him a stern look.

"You're going where Bhai Jaan? I hope you're not getting into fights! You're injured, the doctors have told you to take it easy to!" She scolded him.

"Actually, no doctor said that. Bhai Jaan is just a wimp and you guys are way to protective" Fakhirah said from the doorway.

"Just a quick question. Why do we have a new driver? And where the hell is he? I wanted him to drive me today" Bhai Jaan said wistfully. Perhaps the idea of being driven around in a cool car made him happy.

"I got rid of him" Tahlibah said quickly.

"Why?!" The rest of us asked.

"He's a douche" she answered simply.

"Ooh! I sense a relationship!" Bhai Jaan teased her.

"You want me to marry a driver?" Tahlibah asked him with a glare, probably thinking that this would put Bhai Jaan off from carrying the talk on further.

"A job is a job! And he could probably look after you too. Don't discriminate" Bhai Jaan said pointing a finger strictly at her. In return her glare became more vicious, as if she was daring Bhai Jaan to continue.

"I'll set a meeting with him then" Bhai Jaan said happily.

"You're diverting from yourself" Tahlibah told him suspiciously.

"What do you mean?" He asked her innocently.

"You know what I mean" she said devilishly.

"I really don't. Enlighten me" he said.

"Ooh Jannah. Kiss my arm better!" Zareen said walking into the room

"What! No!" He protested.

"Jannah feel my top! It's made of husband material!" She carried on.

"ZAREEN! STOP THAT! There's nothing going on between us!" He shouted at her, his cheeks flaming.

"Is it because she's just a nurse Bhai Jaan?" Tahlibah asked with an evil grin.

"Of course not! Jannah is an amazing woman, and her future husband will be more than lucky. But she's not for me. Plus she doesn't fit into the list."

"Of course she does! She meets most of the crite-" Zareen said before promtply stopping when she realised her mistake. The breathing in the room simultaneously stopped for a moment.

"What list are you talking about?" Bhai Jaan asked eventually. I watched Zareen look at Fakhirah for help. Her expression was the one we were all scared of. It was the typical face Zareen pulled before spilling her guts to the enemy.