Chapter 35: The Fall

Trigger warning: this chapter gets a bit dark in a few places, so overall if you don't feel well with the mention of death, mental illness, and everything along those lines tread cautiously. (But I didn't go too overboard with the details so everyone should be fine.)

Otherwise... Enjoy the last chapter!!!!

(7500 words)!!!!!

Erica's POV

"I'm sorry what do you think he is planing?"

Ben looked at everyone in the room and repeated what he thinks the plan is. "I'm guessing Joshua and his organization's agents will dress up as the FBI and will begin to shoot and kill people at the Hollywood walk of fame and at the movie set killing movie stars, to get the public scared and angry. As a result, it will make the public think that even the organization that they thought is protecting them actually is endangering them. Just think about the panic that will arise in the country if the government doesn't know how to calm down the public. While the government would be busy with calming everyone down Blaze could be free to do other illegal things a lot more easily and without a lot of worry of being stopped."

"You are right, this sounds a bit too easy," Jawa said and everyone else agreed with him. "It just sounds crazy and I don't know if this could actually be right."

"Well, I trust Ben."  To everyone's surprise, Mike was the first one to back him up. "When has he ever been wrong about these types of things and who has said that the bad guys always have to have a crazy complicated plan?"

"Mike has a point." Chip agreed while nodding his head, clearly considering the option now.

"Do you guys have a better idea?" I finally spoke up, deciding to side with Ben and Mike on this. "I mean, either way, we really have nothing to lose. We still have two set locations that we have to go to. We need to split up and look out for false FBI agents, so let's just go. We don't have any more time to lose."

Everyone listened to me and started walking outside. I tried to follow, but Ben stopped me. "Erica, can I please be the one who goes against Joshua?"

"What? No. You know how dangerous he is."

"Erica, Joshua ruined my life, please let me have this."

"So you want revenge?"

"It sounds messed up, but yes."

Honestly, I didn't know what else I expected. Of course Ben has the right to ask this, but it just feels like an unnecessary risk, but I can't deny him this. "Alright. Unless something goes terribly wrong, you can be the one who takes him down."

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

In the end, Mike, Zoe, and Chip went to the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Cyrus stayed at the hotel trying to contact the CIA, and Jawa, Ben, Catherine, and I were in charge of protecting the movie studio.

By the time we arrived at the studio entrance, a few droplets of rain started to fall down from the sky, telling us that it might rain soon, so I quickly showed the studio pass I took from Joshua's hideout to the guard standing outside. "My name is Kaitlin Ryan and these are my colleges. We are here to look at the set on stage two and make some adjustments."

"Again? I swear with the new show they are filming there everything is breaking." The guard quickly looked at the pass and opened the gates to let us pass. "Just go straight ahead you should see stage two."

"Thank you." I heard my mother sweetly say to the guard. Always the proper lady, with her manners.

We wandered for a while trying to find Joshua, walking as fast as we possibly could trying to not raise suspicion but it felt not fast enough. If Joshua is really planing on killing people today then we have to find him or his agents as fast as possible.