Chapter 30: Road trip

Please read (I changed my username)

So I just wanted to say thank you for your patience, for the 50 followers, 22k views and more than 400 votes. It means a lot and I am sorry for making you all wait. To celebrate my return I decided to finally change my username. I hated it quite early on in making this profile, so I think it is the right thing to do.

My new username is - @EquusFerus_

Also... I'm not happy with this chapter, but since I have been away for so long, I have lost my inspiration to write and with that, I have also forgotten everything. Let's just say I posted this mostly because I have already been away for a few months and I guess I just want to move on.

Ben's POV

On the way we have switched seats a few times now, taking turns driving the car. We haven't stopped even once so we have been on the road for 17 hours straight. I think Erica would have wanted for us to just keep on driving for a few more hours, but thankfully the gas tank was running low so despite what she wanted, we stopped at the first gas station we saw.

"You refill the gas tank while I will go inside and pay for the gas and also get some food. If you need to go to the bathroom, go, but don't be long. We can't waste any time." Erica said before stepping out of the car, not waiting for me to reply.

I followed her lead and did as I was told. I refilled the gas tank and then quickly went to the bathroom, knowing that I definitely should go, because the next opportunity will only be when the car will be running low on gas again.

When I came back, Erica was already standing by our car, waiting for me with a disapproving look on her face. "Well, you took your time."

"I was gone for maybe two minutes. How was that taking my time?" I said as I opened the driver's side door and got in since it was my turn to drive again.

"You could have been quicker." Erica said as she got in the car and sat down next to me. "Anyway here is the food. They really didn't have a great selection."

She handed me a few energy bars, some fruit, and a yogurt. After 17 hours of no food, I knew that the selection that was in front of me would not be enough, so I looked at Erica and said something that was on my mind for a while now. "Can't we just stop at a drive-through and get something quick? I think you can agree that we need to eat more than this."

"Ben, you really want to eat junk food?" Erica looked at me with an unimpressed look on her face.

"Well, I haven't eaten anything in the last 17 hours, so honestly, yes I do."

She stayed quiet thinking through if we actually should get some more food, but that didn't last long. She sighed and agreed. "Alright, you can stop next time you see a place where we can get something."

"Thank you." I quickly started the car and we continued our long drive to Hollywood. We didn't say anything to each other as we were eating the snacks Erica bought from the gas station. Honestly, the silence between us was nothing new, since we haven't really been talking to each other that much, but it wasn't really uncomfortable since we had the radio on the whole time. I enjoyed Erica's company no matter what situation we were in, so nothing was bothering me right now.

"I have been thinking about what you said. About if we will need help." Erica spoke up after she finished her snacks.

"And..." I waited for her to continue.

"And I think that we might just have to do that. You know, get your friends to help us."

I abruptly stopped eating the energy bar that was in my hand. I was shocked that now there was actually a possibility that I would have to meet Zoe, Jawa, Chip, and Mike... my best friends that I left behind, not saying a word. I knew it would happen someday, but I never thought that I would have to face them this soon. Erica's reaction when she met me again wasn't exactly pleasant, so what will the others say and do. Will, they be happy or angry, relieved or furious, I don't know.