Chapter 1: Where it all started

Bens POV

"Hey, guys..."

"Yes, Ben?" Zoe asked.

"I'm sorry I got you all in this mess and..."

"Oh come on Ben! Do you really think this is your fault?" Mike looked at me with a frustrated look on his face. It was like he was saying me to stop making assumptions that are not true. "We all fell for this! Stop taking all the blame! Now clear your mind and think, how can we get out of here!"

I looked around me, but all I saw was my failure. This mission was a mess. We had one job, thwart SPYDERS plan, like always, and go back to training, but now we're here. We are captured. All of us, with our hands handcuffed behind our backs, our bodies beat up and bleeding. And how we got here? Oh, I just messed up! My friends trusted me... but I... I let my guard down while I had to keep watch.

"Stop beating yourself up." I looked the way the voice came from and I saw that Erica was looking at me. It felt like she was reading my mind like she always does. Erica stared me down, but not like she was angry at me... no, not at all. I could actually see a bit of sadness and pain in her eyes. Her face was beaten up and she had a bloody nose like the rest of us. But somehow she still looked stunning... Ok Ben stop, this is not the time! We are all in pain and you are thinking about a girl that doesn't want anything to do with you.

You know you messed up if the best spy in your school, who can take down anyone in her sleep, is sitting in pain. And it doesn't help if that person is the one that you have feelings for. That... that did it... I broke.

"How can I NOT beat myself up?!? All of you trusted me! First I made a mistake by thinking that I had SPYDERS plan all figured out and then when I had the important job of watching our backs I let my guard down because I started thinking about ERICA! Would a good spy do that! NO! And let's not forget what happened at the start of this mission... I... I just allowed one of SPYDERS agents to get away, simply because I can't shoot a gun..."

Everyone just looked at me. But no one talked.

"And all of you know that that's the truth. The reason why we are here is because of me."

There was a moment of silence. And then the Ice Queen spoke: "Do you actually think that all of this is your fault? If you do then... what is happening to you? Ok yes, you did let your guard down in the most stupid way possible and I am quite upset because I would never..."

"Erica, we are trying to CHANGE Ben's mind about his actions." Jawa interrupted Erica and a second later Chip spoke: "Not make him feel worse."

Erica looked at the two boys, that interrupted her and then looked back at me: "What I was trying to say, but failed miserably, was that... we would not be able to get this far if it wasn't for you. Yes, you maybe didn't figure SPYDERS plans out this time, for some reason, even tho..."

"ERICA!" everyone yelled.

"...but because of you, both of us are still alive and we didn't blow up under our school, because of you all of us were able to go on missions and experience what it's like to actually be a spy, because of you the CIA is still an existing organization, because of you a lot of people are still alive and breathing... and because of you I..."

And then a SPYDER agent entered the room we were being held captive and came up to me. He looked like he was a bodybuilder. He had broad shoulders, muscular arms and was almost double my size.

He took me by my shirt collar and stood me up. The next thing I knew, he shoved me to start walking and told me to follow him. I noticed that he had a gun in his other hand and I understood that I don't want to take any chances. Me, the kid who wanted to fix the mistakes that he made, did what the agent asked. Because even tho I wanted to be the hero, I understood, that If I did something I will get shot.

After walking out of the room all I was able to hear was my friends Zoe, Mike, Jawa, Chip and...Erica yelling, but what they said was a blur because the next thing I knew, the gorilla-like SPYDER agent shoved and pushed me forward. Apparently, I wasn't walking fast enough...