41- F**k the patriarchy

A/N : Hi guys, it's currently 2:30am. I'm completely exhausted, this chapter has took forever to write and I really just want to get it uploaded. I haven't fully read over it so I'm sorry if there's any mistakes or it's badly written, let me know if there is and I'll change it. Sorry, hope yous enjoy.

Blair's P.O.V

I'm not sure what I was expecting to happen after I died. Darkness, an afterlife... you can never truly predict what death will bring. For a few moments, I was engulfed by darkness. It was just like what happens when I pass out. But then the light came back and when I opened my eyes I was lay on the grass in a park. I stood up and looked around, there were trees around me and in the distance I could see a playground with swings. The whole place seemed empty and dark... but apart from that, kind of normal. Not like I expected it to be.

"This? This is the other side?" I spoke to myself. That was when I realised this park looked familiar; I had been here before! I was in California.

"Blair." A calm voice said from behind me and I spun around at the sudden voice, tears brimming my eyes as soon as I saw who it was.

"Mom!" I cried, lunging forwards and engulfing her in a hug. She hugged me back tightly.

"I am so proud of you." She told me and I pulled away.

"Did it work? Did I stop Esther?" I asked anxiously.

"Of course it worked. You saved everybody you care about. Sacrificed yourself for them, you are so selfless." She replied and I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank God everybody was okay.

"How did they... how did they react to my death?" I asked nervously. It sounded stupid to ask my mom that seeing as though she wasn't there, but I felt like she really was there when it happened. She hesitated at my question.

"Not the best, of course. Your dad held your body begging you to wake up, Stefan tried to stay strong for him." She explained and tears brimmed my eyes at hearing this. I didn't want to cause them this pain.

"And Kol ripped out Esther's heart." She added and my eyes widened.

"He did? Oh wow." I muttered, not expecting that. I don't know why I was surprised, it was obvious that the originals would have wanted her dead as soon as they found she was trying to kill them. I just didn't expect him to kill his own mother. Then again... that never stopped Klaus all those years ago.

"I can't believe I'm never going to see them again." I whispered. The fact that I was dead was finally kicking in and my mom smiled at me.

"Blair, you were an impossible child. It was physically impossible for you to exist, vampires can't reproduce, but exist you did." My mom begun.

"Well not anymore." I muttered. I no longer exist, I'm dead.

"Blair. Your mother is a witch and your father is a vampire. Not only do you have witch blood running through your veins, you have vampire blood running through your veins. Since you were born, you have always had vampire blood in your system, you were conceived by one." she explained and I narrowed my eyes.

"But I'm not part vampire? I obviously know I have witch blood in my veins, I have powers. But I don't drink blood, I can't compel people... I'm pretty sure I'm not a vampire." I replied in confusion.

"I never said you were a vampire. I said you had vampire blood in your system. You always have. And how do you become a vampire?" She asked me.

"You have to die with vampire blood in your syst-" I paused and gasped. So my blood is part vampire...  so I had vampire blood in my system... and then I died.