25 - losing dignity

Blair's P.O.V

I shot up out of my position where I was laying down sleeping, gasping in shock and shaking slightly in fear. I looked around and took in my surroundings, terrified of the dream I just had- or should I say flashback. Kol and Klaus gave me a weird look but I didn't pay attention, I just stared into space, thinking about my dream.

"You alright back there grapefruit?" Kol asked but he sounded faint, as if I was under water. Closing my eyes, I took a few deep breaths to try and calm myself down but my mind wouldn't stop thinking about it and I wanted to burst into tears. I hugged my knees and looked out of my window to avoid Klaus' or Kol's gaze. It was lighter outside, so I assumed we would be back in Chicago soon. I heard speaking again but I couldn't understand who was speaking or what was being said, I was in my own little world. I felt like I was having a panic attack, my breathing was heavy and I continued to take deep breaths. I closed my eyes to try and calm but images flashed through my mind- images of me and Jack and the terrible nightmares that followed. I gasped, opening my eyes again. My heart was beating fast and I began to feel dizzy.

"D-do you have any water?" I asked, but my voice came out hoarse and quiet I was surprised they heard me. Kol and Klaus glanced at me warily as Kol handed me a bottle of water but I ignored their looks and gulped down some water.

Keep it together, Blair. I told myself. I can't have people asking questions.

I rested my head against the window, the coldness of the glass calming me down.

"Are we nearly there?" I asked, trying to speak with a normal voice.

"Yeah. In fact, we're here right now." Klaus replied and as if on cue, we pulled up outside Gloria's. I've missed this place. As the car stopped, I opened the door and took deep breaths of fresh air, trying to stop myself from feeling so sick. Immediately I made my way towards the entrance.

"I seriously need a drink." I muttered and entered the familiar bar.

"You're back!" Gloria's voice greeted immediately and she looked happy to see us.

"Finally," I breathed, taking a seat at the bar.

"Tequila please." I said and she raised her eyebrow and looked at the brothers in confusion. They shrugged in reply, not knowing why I suddenly wanted some alcohol.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea." Gloria answered uncertainly and I groaned.

"Please. I need it. I really need it." I said, putting my head in my hands.

She sighed,

"Okay okay, fine. Here you go." She replied, pouring a glass for me and thankfully, she didn't put the bottle away.

"So, what did the witches say?" She asked but I stared into my glass and drunk my drink, so Kol and Klaus spoke to her instead.

"Well, after they kindly shot us with arrows, one of the girls basically just gave Blair a lesson on being a witch and told her she had enough power to do the spell." Klaus replied and I filled my glass up with more tequila.

"So.. you went all that way and she didn't even enhance her powers?" Gloria asked.

"Nope. They said she's powerful enough." Kol shrugged.

"And you trust them?" Gloria questioned.

"Oh I'm just going to have a chat with their mother! Big Deal." I rolled my eyes, downing another glass of tequila. They all looked at me with questioning eyes and I gave them all a sarcastic smile. I filled my glass up again and continued to drink, zoning out of whatever they were speaking about. I zoned into a trail of thoughts, thinking about the dream I just had. Why now? Why now after all this time? Why did I dream it at all? Why can't I just forget it?
I sat there, glaring at my glass as if it was to blame, until I heard my name being said repeatedly. It only clicked into my brain a few moments later that they were trying to get my attention.