13- An afro and popcorn

Blair's P.O.V

"Blair!" Someone yelled and I turned around to see Jeremy making his way towards me.

"You crazy cat! Everyone has been worrying, where have you been?" He asked and I laughed at the fact he called me a crazy cat.

"They don't need to worry! It was just one night, I'm not going to end up in a ditch." I argued.

"Where were you anyway?" He asked me.

"Just a friends." I shrugged and he raised his eyebrow suspiciously and I just smiled innocently.

"Well, I have to go to history now. I'm already running late after this morning, bye bye." I waved.

I entered the classroom late and heads turned in my direction again.

"Sorry I'm late." I apologised with an innocent smile and then quickly went to my seat at the back. Alaric looked surprised to see me and he gave me a 'you have some explaining to do' look.

"Hey stranger." Max said and I turned to him raising my eyebrow.

"I seen you yesterday?" I said but it came out like a question.

"I know. But it seems like longer." he shrugged.

"Okay.. well hey." I replied.

"Blair, Max. Pay attention." Ric said and I saluted him.

"What's got his knickers in a twist?" Max whispered.

"Well, he is friends with my.... guardian, and then I kind of got annoyed at everybody yesterday and disappeared overnight. So now I just turned up to school like everything is normal, when they have all probably been worrying about me. I don't see why though, I just needed some space." I explained. Max had both of his eyebrows raised in interest.

"Well, your life sounds pretty exciting." he commented.

"You can say that again. Anyway, what's your story?" I asked.

"Meh... mom died when I was eight, live with my dad and little sister." he told me.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I apologised with a small smile which he returned.

The bell went and I started packing my things away.

"Blair, can I talk to you for a moment." Alaric said.

"Sorry Mr. Saltzman, got lessons to get to." I said quickly and started walking out but he stopped me,

"It will only take a moment." he continued and I sighed. When all the students had left he turned to me.

"Where have you been? Nobody knew where you were!" He exclaimed.

"I'm sorry for not calling or texting. I was just annoyed at everything and I needed some space." I replied and he sighed, but nodded understandingly.

"I need to go to my next lesson." I told him and left.

When it came to lunch time, I went to Stefans locker to look for him. He was there. His eyes widened when he seen me and he engulfed me in a hug. He pulled out of the hug and he looked annoyed but relieved at the same time.

"Where on earth have you been? Do you know how worried we have all been?! Why didn't you text us? Call us?" He ranted.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! But I was just so annoyed and I just needed some space!" I defended.

"I'm sorry too, I was just trying to look out for you." he told me and I nodded in understanding. I then heard footsteps behind me and I turned around to see Elena.