𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚

Chapter Thirty,
Found

DARYL HELD Chloe between his arms, carrying her back into their cell block as she passed out. She looked pale, weak, and dehydrated, with chapped lips and red, swollen eyes indicating she had been crying. They had spent the whole night in a small cell without food or water, and nobody had bothered searching the lower level. Just as he was about to turn away, Chloe attempted to catch his attention one last time.

Glad he found them, Daryl looked down at the sleeping Chloe, finding her adorable as she nestled between his arms, looking as innocent as ever.

"Hey, open the gate," he said as Oscar and he approached the cell block.

"Oh my god, Chloe?" Angie, who rushed to them and opened the gate, gasped at the sight of her unconscious daughter.

"Dad! It's Chloe!" Tom shouted as he ran towards her.

"Is she okay? Is she bit?" Angie asked.

"Nah, nah, she's just dehydrated," Daryl assured as he saw both Adam and Brad descending the stairs.

"Chloe!" Brad, her father, gasped as he sprinted towards them.

"Here, here, come on, lay her down," Adam said, ushering Daryl into one of the cell rooms.

"Oscar," Daryl called for one of the inmates.

"I got her, I got her," he said, carrying Carol into another cell room.

"Thank you," Angie said, placing her hand on Daryl's arm as he laid Chloe on her bed. Nodding his head, he left the room, attempting to give them some space.

"What happened to them?" Axel asked as Daryl walked out of the cell room.

"Found them hidin' in a cell."

"Oh my god," Axel exhaled.

"Come on, let's get 'em some water," Daryl said, moving past him as he grabbed a bottle of water before entering Carol's cell room. "Hey Yo."

"Hey," she whispered.

"Here," he said, handing her the bottle.

As Chloe opened her eyes, she saw her mom and Adam sitting close to her. "Chloe sweetheart, I was worried sick," Angie whispered with a smile as she reached for her daughter, placing a hand over her forehead.

"I'm sorry," Chloe whispered, barely able to speak.

"Here's some water, let me help you," Adam said as he assisted her in sitting up.

"Chloe!" Tom ran towards his auntie before pulling her into a small hug, which she returned, weakly.

"Hey you," she smiled.

"I thought you were dead," he said causing Chloe to chuckle lightly.

She thought she was dead too.

"Darling, you got us worried, what happened?" Brad asked as he leaned down to plant a kiss on her forehead.

"We were surrounded by walkers, T-" she stopped.

She almost had forgotten.

Tears started building up in Chloe's eyes as the memories of last night came back. "He saved us...Carol and I, we hid in a cell."

"Shhh, it's okay," Angie whispered softly, pulling her daughter into a hug.

Chloe looked up, seeing Daryl standing by the door, watching her.