Defending your honour

Start from the beginning

They disappeared through it, leaving Yaz and the doctor to stand awkwardly with their arms remaining linked. They locked eyes with each other, cheeks turning slowly redder and the reality of the situation set in. The doctor searched for some kind of pick up line, but knew nothing would be appreciated at this current moment. She'd think of something in the shower later, then be angry that she hadn't said it to her face.

Just as Yaz was about to speak, the door they were about to walk through was slammed and lent against by a tall man in an expensive suit. He had a large cigarette hanging from his mouth and a gold watch dangling between his fingers, short black hair gelled back and smile wide and malevolent. He chuckled, sending chills through the doctors body. "Oh, hello." Yaz offered, slipping her arm out of her friends but keeping her hand attached to hers.

"Hello there, what're two fine young women like yourselves doing in a place like this unescorted." He popped the 'd', leaning down closer to the doctors face. SHe cringed, his breath smelled like vodka and smoke and his eyes were deep and black, almost soulless. She wrinkled her nose and took a step back, causing the man to raise his brows and move to Yaz. She was much better at keeping her cool, holding her own breath as his hit her face and baring a calm smile.

"Oh we're just, passing through." She smiled, looking away quick and giving the doctors hand a tug as she tried to step away. The man followed her footing, trapping her between him and the rest of the blokes behind them. "Are you spoken for, young lady?" He asked, a tone in his voice making the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She opened her mouth to talk but juggled the words on her tongue, only being able to squeak. He grinned, moving his hand towards the hem of her skirt.

The doctor felt her adrenaline skyrocket as she caught a glims of the mans hand, smacking it away with all her force and stepping in front of Yaz. The man grunted and recoiled his hand, glaring at the blonde down his nose. She held her ground and snarled, looking him up and down aggressively. "She speaks for herself. She also has a name. Yaz isn't some object for you to claim, so move along buddy." She jerked her head to the side.

The bloke snorted, standing ever taller and shrinking the doctor in his shadow. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were speaking for her." He cracked a demented smile, still sneaking a wink to Yaz behind her. The time- lord bit her lip in attempt to avoid snapping- as she knew she looked quite pathetic in this knew regeneration throwing a hissy fit. She felt Yaz rub her hand, letting her shoulders drop slightly.

"Good thing you know better then, aye?" The Khan barked, shoving him aside and pulling the door open. She held it for the doctor who reluctantly entered first, sending one final stone cold glare at the man. Yaz hung back, letting him lean into her face more than uncomfortably and breath into a smirk. "Are you seriously letting this girl speak for you? Don't you think you deserve a real man to protect you, rather than some show pony bitch?"

His voice was so cold Yaz had no hesitation in laughing at him, gritting her teeth. She gave one firm nod before slipping through the door and slamming it behind her. The doctor immediately took her hands and held them, her face reading apology. "Yaz I am so sorry, I-I know you can handle yourself and you don't need me ruffling more feathers- metaphorical feathers of course, he's not a chicken- but I couldn't stand him speaking to you like that."

Her face went red at Yaz's warm smile. "Doctor it's okay! I actually thought you were-" she stopped mid sentence, realising the weight of the words she was about to say. She was summing up all her feelings for the blonde in one word, and with that would come her admitting her feelings. The doctor waited patiently for her to finish, clear anticipation written in her eyes. "Sweet. I-I thought it was sweet of you to stand up for me. No ones ever done that for me before." She said lowly.

The doctor let her mouth fall open slightly, forming a little smile, she cleared her throat and straightened her back. She looked into Yaz's eyes, feeling her beautiful rays strike her face. "You're gorgeous in that dress." She said, pearling at her friend who looked away bashfully with blush filling her cheeks. "I knew you would be, that's why I suggested it- not that you're not normally gorgeous, you are! Clothes don't matter, not really, it's all about the face and yours is lovely!"

Yaz giggled as she watched the doctor fall deeper and deeper into her ramblings. "I mean it's not all about the face, it's personality too! And it's good yours is lovely, you're a wonderful person so you don't have to be gorgeous- but you most definitely are gorgeous you-" she was cut off by Yaz pressing her lips to the doctors, kissing her deeply. She pulled back and laughed at the permanent shock and bliss struck on the blonde's face.

"I love you too." Yaz chuckled, knowing deep down those were the words the doctor was looking for. The blonde, though still star struck, smiled wider than she had in a long time. She nodded her head awkwardly, rubbing her cheek with her hand. "Yeah, that's what I meant.."