Dressed up for you

Quarantine was no fun, that was for sure. Yeah you could wake up whenever you wanted, yeah you didn't have to go to work, yeah you could snack and watch films all day, but in reality no one had any freedom. It was getting boring, seeing the same people day after day (which were normally your family) and having close to nothing to do half the time.

Yaz especially had felt trapped. She was a policewoman, so when her job called she was classified as a key worker, however her department had decided she was better off not coming in unless absolutely necessary because she lacked vital training. To say she was fuming was an understatement.

She'd spent the first few days of quarantine getting on with work and filling out paperwork in the time she had free, also going on runs and keeping busy. However as the weeks went by and the government forever extending the lockdown, her motivation slipped and she soon fell into an unproductive depression. She would wake up late, not bother getting dressed, and only emerge from her room to use the toilet or get food. She felt miserable.

Not being able to see her friends was even worse, her fam had literally become her family and she hadn't realised how dull her life was without them. Sure Graham and Ryan called on the daily to check in, and she appreciated hearing their chipper voices, but it wasn't the same as seeing them in person. However more than anything, she missed a curtain blonde haired time-lord.

The doctor had gone mad when the idea of lockdown was pitched. No leaving the house, no seeing other people, no travelling internationally, what could be worse for a person who's never been tied down? At first she had been reluctant to comply, saying the fam should pack up and leave in the Tardis for however long the lockdown continued. She'd even suggested going back in time and slaughtering whoever ate the bat to cause COVID19, but they made sure to decline.

But no matter how desperate the fam was to agree, they knew it was a risk. What if one of them took the virus back when they traveled and gave it to someone in history? What would they tell their families while they were gone? Yaz was the most tempted, but as a police officer knew how disrespectful her plan was to the lockdown. So, they all declined. That unfortunately hadn't stopped the doctor, who had continued to use the Tardis religiously throughout quarantine.

She'd been staying with Yaz's family, but went out on the daily. She was almost never around, and after Yaz had told her multiple times she couldn't risk travelling to and from her house in the Tardis, she'd agreed to keep her distance. The Khan was hurt she'd chosen space travel over staying with her, but she knew it would make her happier in the long run. She knew how bored the doctor got.

Yaz's morning- well, noon- started as it did every morning. She rolled out of bed, cringed as she opened the curtains, went downstairs and got breakfast, and came back up to her room to get back in bed. Just As she re-settled amongst her covers, there was a knock at the front door. She rolled her eyes and groaned, knowing how overprotective her parents were being about the virus and took 29 minutes to disinfect the door before opening it, meaning she would have to go get it.

She placed her bowl down on her desk and got back up, stretching briefly and strolling past the mirror. She would've stopped to check her reflection, but she didn't want to be startled by the mess staring back at her. She thumped down the stairs and arrived at the door, peaking out the peep hole to attempt to see who it was. A delivery man? Postman? Milkman? Whoever It was, they were stood way too close to the door.

She could tell they were definitely standing too close because she couldn't see through the peep hole, meaning whoever it was was literally leaning against the door. Great social distancing. She cocked a brow as she stood back, trying to hear a voice or the sound of shuffling as the person backed away, but it was quiet. She reluctantly unlocked the door, waiting a second for whoever it was to stop leaning against it before pulling it open.

Her jaw dropped as none other than the doctor came tumbling into her house, barley having the chance to steady herself against the stair rail before almost falling over. She spun around and met eyes with Yaz, a huge grin spreading across her face. It'd been weeks since they'd last seen each other, and although it was nice to finally have face to face contact it was hardly the appropriate situation. "Yaz! Oh I'm so happy to see you! You don't understand how much I've missed you." The blonde spewed.

Yaz could barley form words, not only because she was in shock from her friends dramatic entrance, but because of what she was wearing. She had a white blouse and bow tie, covered with a suit jacket and completed with some baggy black trousers that flowed around her ankles. She looked so dressed up, what was the occasion? It was even more embarrassing since she'd made no effort to change our of her PJs.

"Doctor, you look-" Yaz found herself choking on her words, unable to fully describe how beautiful- attractive even- the Doctor looked. "Gorgeous.." she blurted out, her eyes gluing subconsciously to the blonde's and smiling softly as a rosey red spread over her cheeks. The doctor swayed on her heal with a bashful face. "Oh this? I thought I'd get dressed up and surprise you, since I heard you were having a hard time. Not exactly what I had planned but hey!" She rambled, making Yaz laugh.

They stood quietly for a moment until the doctor's eyes flashed, her face lighting up. "Oh yeah! Oh I'm so forgetful, sorry, I got you something!" She chirped, reaching her hand into her pocket and pulling out a small box. She handed it to Yaz and backed away again, anticipation written all over her. The Khan blushed hard again, looking down at the box and running her finger along the velvet case softly. She loved how much effort the doctor put into making her smile, she felt even worse that she hadn't even bothered to get dressed to answer the door.

She opened the box and her mouth fell open slightly. It was a bracelet, one she'd had her eye on for ages. It was silver with little glittery diamonds and beads around a chain, a little gold planet charm hanging on. It was gorgeous, and she'd told the fam she liked it whilst they were travelling. She was amazed the doctor had remembered. Without thinking she ran forward and threw her arms around the Time-Lord, hugging her and berrying her face in her neck.

She was so blind with blush that she lent back and placed a kiss on the doctors cheek, only afterwards realising what she'd done. Both of them stood star struck, faces close enough to touch noses and Yaz holding them together. Although it was a surprise, neither of them pulled apart or laughed awkwardly, they stayed. Waiting for the other to make a move. The doctor placed her hand under Yaz's chin and stroked it softly, pulling her ever closer and wrapping her arms around her shoulders.

"I'm glad you like it! Is it the right one?" She asked cheerily, earning a smile and a nod from the woman around her. They sealed the deal with a kiss, one that they'd both been dreaming of for as long as they'd known each other. It was soft and tender, but lustful and desperate. As the kiss heated further, Yaz pushed the blonde back into the wall, running her hands down her waste and resting them on her hips. The doctor held tightly onto her back and rubbed circles on her neck, moving her kisses to her shoulders.

Yaz pulled back for breath, still leaning her body weight on the doctor and pinning her to the wall. "I appreciate the effort you went through to dress up, but where I think this is going we won't need clothes." She smirked suggestively, the Doctor purring excitedly in response. She let the Khan take her hand and lead her upstairs, for the best day of quarantine either of them could ask for.

DONT MAKE OUT WITH PEOPLE NOT FROM YOUR HOUSEHOLD IN LOCKDOWN, don't want anyone catching Corona because they're in love with a time lord!