Defending your honour

Yaz was a beautiful woman, that was for sure. Not just through the eyes of a lover, everyone could see she was a gorgeous young lady. And although she appreciated the compliments she would get day to day about how nice her hair looked, or how pretty her smile was, or how radiant her face was, she only ever wanted to hear it from one person. The doctor.

The doctor was shy about giving compliments because she was terrible at deciphering hurtful truths from kind exaggerations. She would often start a conversation with a new person with a lovely compliment, but accidentally end it with pointing something out that was rather unflattering or rude. She never meant to hurt anyone's feelings, but was often caught in the crossfire. That's why she would hold her tongue when speaking to Yaz.

She always looked very pretty, and as much as the doctor wanted to tell her that, she was afraid she would let something slip and hurt her feelings. That wouldn't be all that romantic. She constantly wanted to tell her how uplifting her smile was, how light her laugh made her feel, how intoxicating her gorgeous eyes were, but when they came face to face no words would leave her mouth.

The doctor became jealous when some boy on the streets would throw a cat-call Yaz's way, or even if an old lady told her how stunning she was, because she knew she could never earn the same sheepish smile they did. She wanted to make her blush and feel confident, but her loose lips and tied tongue kept ruining it for her.

However she knew not all people were nice. Some people were vile and cunning, using compliments to get their way- no matter how gross their way was. She dreaded something bad happening to Yaz, as she knew she'd been hit on suggestively before. Though she was a police woman and could most definitely handle herself, the doctor always feared for her saftey when she was alone.

Throughout their travels, specifically back in time when laws and equality were very different, Yaz had been in uncomfortable situations regarding men. Whether she was pinned to a wall by an outrageous man, or had her bum slapped by a drunk load of boys at a pub, she'd never admitted she'd felt unsafe. Years of police training had her prepped for this kind of thing, but she still found herself shivering at the thought of it getting any worse.

When the fam were following a distress call leading them through a fancy restaurant some time in the early 1800s, the Doctor knew there'd be trouble. Every man in there was higher class and expecting, not to mention under the influence of alcohol, so any pretty young lady unescorted by a husband would be practically 'up for grabs'. Ryan and Graham found themselves dragging Yaz and the doctor through, sandwiching the girls between them like a barrier.

They arrived at two doors, the Doctor scanning it with her sonic and pouting at the lack of directions it provided. She glanced up at the two doors then back at her three friends. "Right, we'll have to split up. The signal carries through both doors, so me and Yaz will take this one and Ryan and Graham can take this one!" She chirped, pushing her Sonic into her pocket and adjusting her hat she'd acquired.

Graham gave an inquisitive look, peering over his shoulder at the band of rich men gathered around a table staring at them. "You sure you'll both be alright? This lot don't look polite." He spat the last part of his sentence, his eyes laced with sympathy. Yaz rubbed his shoulder comfortingly before moving to stand aside the doctor, giving her a confident smirk. "We'll be fine, Graham, promise. I'm a policewoman after all, I'll keep our doctor safe." She linked her arm with the blonde.

The doctor found herself blushing, making no objections to the statement though she had tones thought up. She knew they'd both be safe in each other's company, and deep down both the boys knew it too. But that said, none of them were set to relax given the setting. Ryan nodded and nudged Graham towards their door, opening it and nodding at the two girls. "Be careful, yeah? We'll see you soon." He said, Yaz nodding surely and opening the other door.